Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,429 Posts
70k thats decent!

I'd get it inspected by a trusted mechanic to make sure everything was in working order before I bought it. I'd make the sale contingent upon that.

but i will tell you that at 90k you're going to be looking at replacing the timing belt and water pump as well as ALL of the hoses.

one thing to look out for is the window regulators as they tend to fail randomly. just one of those things i guess.

if you can get your hands on an acura maintenence schedule for the '02 then it will give you a better idea of what should be looked at before you buy,

·
Find Em Fuck Em Forget Em
946 Posts
The steering wheel mounted radio control buttons tend to act up, the auto dimming mirrors are known to explode (but the manufacturer has been replacing them) and I blew up the passenger side CV axle, but that was a smoky J-turn that was a little too aggressive.

Overall I say the car is bulletproof. Think German mechanical reliability with Japanese electrics.

·
Banned
3,429 Posts
The steering wheel mounted radio control buttons tend to act up, the auto dimming mirrors are known to explode (but the manufacturer has been replacing them) and I blew up the passenger side CV axle, but that was a smoky J-turn that was a little too aggressive.

Overall I say the car is bulletproof. Think German mechanical reliability with Japanese electrics.
yeah my steering wheel audio controls work when they want to. The next button actually turns the volume up, the the volume up button switches the track and the volume down button doesn't do anything at all...sometimes.

not a big deal though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.