Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Holier than thou
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I cracked my front lower lip last night due to an errant road cone on the highway that i couldn't avoid due to traffic.

Its a small 1" crack just in front of the radiator. The lip isn't into two pieces - just the upper part got cracked. All the paint is still intact.

Can I glue it ? what techniques can i use to seal the crack or remedy the situation ?

Thanks
balaji
95 LS 6spd

·
#108 of 144 pairs
134 Posts
looks like you may have to bondo/fiberglass & paint

Hey balaji,

i guess in order to do it right you may have to either bondo/fiberglass and repaint. Bondo by itself will most likley crack again by itself, so you will have to combo that with a couple layers of fiberglass... or just get a new front end body kit since you may have to repaint anyway! :(

look at it this way... accidents are an excuse to upgrade parts :)

Steve

·
2,879 Posts
Try using Epoxy glue? They're available at Home Depot for like $3. You mix the two liquids together and then just apply to your bumper. I dont know if it'll work but its worth a try i guess.

legend_coupe said:
Hi All,

I cracked my front lower lip last night due to an errant road cone on the highway that i couldn't avoid due to traffic.

Its a small 1" crack just in front of the radiator. The lip isn't into two pieces - just the upper part got cracked. All the paint is still intact.

Can I glue it ? what techniques can i use to seal the crack or remedy the situation ?

Thanks
balaji
95 LS 6spd

·
Registered
139 Posts
Definately go with the 2ton epoxy, that stuff is amazing. Take some rubbing alchohol and clean off both sides of the break then drip some epoxy in there and hold it together for a while to make sure it sets up. Depending on where the break is you may be able to find a small strip of plastic and epoxy it across the back of the break. This should help the flexing and make it much more durable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts