Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i really like the 7 spoke design...is there another company that copied this design and sells it for a cheaper price?

·
Registered
1,485 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im pretty sure konig tantrums were the original 7-spoke rims. but anyways, what brand has the same design and sells them for LESS than what konig sells them for??? i want i want

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I guess you guys are right in a sense Konig probaly did have the 7 spokes first here in the US, but in Japan - nah.

Konig also at the time Knocked off the Volking Racing AV3-Konig Monsoon.

Konigs, Katanas, ADR ....man these companies are notorious for knocking off rims. That's why they can sell them for so cheap.

Would you pay $500 and up for 17" in the AVS Model 7?

My "Options Big Sedan" (Japaneses' VIP magazine) has got the Model 7 in advertisement going back to 1997 with the old Aristo-GS300

·
L4K3R5 F4N
1,205 Posts
rquest77 said:
im pretty sure konig tantrums were the original 7-spoke rims. but anyways, what brand has the same design and sells them for LESS than what konig sells them for??? i want i want
Konig, along with Katana and some other makers, have always been known as knock-off companies. They're cheap alternatives to buying the real deal. Sure, they have some of their original designs but most of them are copies, their best known probably being the Monsoons. I'm positive they also copied the 7 spoke design because I was seeing that style on my friends' cars before Konig even came out with it. Konig wheels are so popular because it's an inexpensive way to buy the look of more expensive rims. With that said, I imagine it'll be somewhat difficult to find rims that are too much cheaper.

·
OLD SKOOL P*MP
235 Posts
biters ...

yeah ... yokohama did have the seven spoke design first ... a friend of mine has had them way before konig came out with the tantrums ... and hell ... they are crazy light ...

to answer the question ... i think motegi mr7s are one of the most economical/good quality/good looks ... replica of 7 spokes ...

but last time i checked ... they're back ordered in most stores ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.