Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I should be getting my Remus Legend Specific exhaust by early next week, and I basically wanted to know if there is anything I have to get to make sure that it'll fit in perfectly. Anything at all?

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Triton, you taking it in to get it done or doing it yourself? Where do you order Legend-Specific Remus exhaust?? Please!! Get some pictures when you have it in, and if you can, record the sound before and after. I know that's a lot to ask, but I've always wondered what it sounds like. If anyone has one that can record the sound.. I would appreciate it!

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
You'll need a new gasket and lock nuts for the install. Sometimes in shipping the hanger horns get bent a bit resulting in a "cocked" look of the tips relative to the bumper cover.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Dave C ver2.0 said:
You'll need a new gasket and lock nuts for the install. Sometimes in shipping the hanger horns get bent a bit resulting in a "cocked" look of the tips relative to the bumper cover.
Dave,

I was told the angle of the flange does not perfectly match ours resulting in crooked tips. My hangers were straight but the tips came out crooked. They had to modify the angle of the flange to make it straight.

Like I said, make sure you bring it to a shop with the proper tools. The muffler attaches very easily but making the tips straight is a job in itself.

PS - Remus stuffs an envelope with the instructions and decal in one of the the tailpipe - I would suggest removing prior to starting the car :p

·
Registered
223 Posts
Just got my Remus put on last night and it sounds, looks, and feels (performance-wise guys...Get your minds out of the gutter!!) awesome! I love it. First thing I noticed was how much better my air intake was working too. It sounds "freed up" to pull in the air the engine needs. Hey Future, I wish I could record the sound, but I don't have anything to record it with. Here is a link that has some exhaust sounds, including a Remus (albeit installed on a Ford Probe). http://www.legend.org/performance/index.html

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FutureX 2001 said:
Triton, you taking it in to get it done or doing it yourself? Where do you order Legend-Specific Remus exhaust?? Please!! Get some pictures when you have it in, and if you can, record the sound before and after. I know that's a lot to ask, but I've always wondered what it sounds like. If anyone has one that can record the sound.. I would appreciate it!
I'm gonna actually take it to my mechanic so they can do it for me. I would tackle it myself but its too cold out there and I don't have the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts