Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a 1992 Legend Coupe owner and I am thinking about getting a sports car somewhere around the $25,000 to $30,000 range.

Does anyone have any opinions on a 1991 to 1993 Acura NSX?
Good car? Bad car? Reliable?
What things should I be looking out for?

Thanks,
Drew

·
Registered
88 Posts
Good car? It's a great car. Make sure you're buying from an original owner with service records. Clutches are very expensive. They eat rear tires like you snack on M&M's, but those tires are expensive - the most expensive maintenance cost for an NSX. As to the rest of it, what can you say? A Honda exotic with Honda reliability, comfort and terrific performance. Check out some NSX websites and hear what the owners say about it.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
For the 91-92 manual NSX's you need to make sure the car is NOT in snap ring failure range, or that it has been fixed with a new transmission casing.

91-93 NSX's have agreesive alignment settings, so you can opt for a 94+ alignment setting to arguably double the tire life.

Other then little minor things, the NSX is rated to be among the most reliable cars in the US.

And good luck finding a really good one for $30K though. Good 91-93 NSX's are still going for mid $30K range. Usually the damaged, or 90K+ mile NSXs go for less than $30K. If you are going to invest in an NSX, do some research on www.nsxprime.com and buy an NSX that is worthy of your money. Don't settle for junk NSX's.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Ohhhhh just get a used ford probe with nos man:p

no really the NSX is the best sports car you can get. I'm not saying that just because I love acura I'm saying that because its true, now go and get that NSX there's no need to think twice, for what.

·
Registered
166 Posts
the best car add that I have seen was in a motor week, as to which I have cut out, and scaned for your viewing pleasure!

enjoy

(sorry, the scanner here at work sucks)

G

·
Do they make Automatic New Model NSX's? Cause I'm lazy and don't know how to drive stick..:D If so I'll take a 02' Yellow/ Black w/ Alpine NAVI/DVD system, OEM 17's w/ Pole Position Rubbers (for track) and HRE's 19's & 20's(rear) (for flashin') Please!:D

·
Registered
120 Posts
drewk2 said:
I am a 1992 Legend Coupe owner and I am thinking about getting a sports car somewhere around the $25,000 to $30,000 range.

Does anyone have any opinions on a 1991 to 1993 Acura NSX?
Good car? Bad car? Reliable?
What things should I be looking out for?

Thanks,
Drew
I agree with ChrisK that you won't find a decent one in the price range your looking to spend. You may want to look at 97 c5's. I know there are low mileage, clean c5's in the upper 20k range. Then again if your a diehard import guy there's always the Twin Turbo Supra, although I think they are overpriced in my opinion.

Good luck

·
Registered
802 Posts
Re: Re: Any Opinions on the Acura NSX??

KenS said:

I agree with ChrisK that you won't find a decent one in the price range your looking to spend. You may want to look at 97 c5's. I know there are low mileage, clean c5's in the upper 20k range. Then again if your a diehard import guy there's always the Twin Turbo Supra, although I think they are overpriced in my opinion.

Good luck
overpriced?!?!?

mine was a STEAL

·
Registered
120 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Any Opinions on the Acura NSX??

Legendary94GS said:

overpriced?!?!?

mine was a STEAL
Damn that's a sweet looking ride. Do you mind listing the mods done to that car. That is incredible and that's definitely the way to buy one of those cars, all done up without having to dish out the big bucks for the mods. Cause we all know, we'll be lucky to see a quarter of the money for mods we put in when it's time to sell.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts