Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got another "winter" deck put into my car as I am going to have it painted (the car, soon I hope) and do not want to put another TV in until after. It is a Panasonic deck and my problem is that with the amps and antenna hooked up to the same remote output the deck is shorting. When I disconnected the antenna wire and just left the amp remote wire it works perfect.

I have 2 amps, 1 crossover, 1 neon tube with own relay, 1 dc cooling fan and Antenna (not hooked up now) to the remote wire.

My question is do I need to install a relay (and if so what relay number) so everything will work with this deck because when I had the Alpine CVA-1005 everything worked fine and after someone "borrowed" the unit I used a cheap JVC deck and it worked fine as well. (I did put another panasonic deck in (got exchange since I thought it was the deck) and it had the same problem).

Thanks for your time and help,
Mark

AKA Legendmap

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yes, I would definately add a relay... You have WAY too much running off the same output and is drawing too many amp for the deck you have !!!!!

any cheap relay from, say Walmart, would do the trick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts