Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which V6 honda product would fit in a legend.
hi,
i am new to the board. i currently drive a 95 accord ex. i was thinking about getting a second car and i totally love the 91-95 legends. my only concern is that the last one was made in 95 and my accord already has 95k miles on it. i don't really want to buy a beautiful car and have a "not" so new engine. or when the time comes for a new engine which engines would fit and with as little problems as possible. i do a lot of body work and engine work on my accord and other honda products but i really do not know much about what will fit in a Legend.

like i know a new prelude engine can be dropped into my accord with ease and a near perfect fit. are there any other engines(honda or acura) that can fit into Legends as easily as like the accord and prelude? I'm not really concerned about power and speed but would like it to feel smooth and strong as if i had bought it brand spankin' new. just a thought, could an accord V6 fit into a legend? any help would be great. thanks.

-van

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Van said:
which V6 honda product would fit in a legend.
hi,
i am new to the board. i currently drive a 95 accord ex. i was thinking about getting a second car and i totally love the 91-95 legends. my only concern is that the last one was made in 95 and my accord already has 95k miles on it. i don't really want to buy a beautiful car and have a "not" so new engine. or when the time comes for a new engine which engines would fit and with as little problems as possible. i do a lot of body work and engine work on my accord and other honda products but i really do not know much about what will fit in a Legend.

like i know a new prelude engine can be dropped into my accord with ease and a near perfect fit. are there any other engines(honda or acura) that can fit into Legends as easily as like the accord and prelude? I'm not really concerned about power and speed but would like it to feel smooth and strong as if i had bought it brand spankin' new. just a thought, could an accord V6 fit into a legend? any help would be great. thanks.

-van
You do know the G2 Legend (91-95) has a longitudinal mounted engine and transmission right? That means unless you are looking to do major work, no other Honda V6 will fit into the Legend. Also, the 98+ Accord/TL/CL all use the J series 3.0 and 3.2 V6 engines, while the Legend 3.2 is a C series V6 engine.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i was at the dealer a while back, and he was talking about how he saw a couple of legends in cali, that have nsx engines in them, he said the engines are almost the same size and all you need to do is make custom brackets, but im sure theres more to it than that, i dont know much about swapping engines, but just letting you know

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
There is a guy in town who wanted to buy my six speed. I said no. But I was talking with him for almost an hour while my car was getting some speakers installed and he builds custom cars for a hobby. He has won awards for customizing automobiles, and its not just mods or body kits or paint jobs. He build them from the frame up.... every nut and bolt and panel is customized right to the finished product.

He said that if he could find a six speed, that he would have dropped a Twin Turbo Integra Type R engine in it. This engine is not stock obviously, but was custom fitted with a bunch of performance parts, and he had it dynoed in a car at just under 400hp. He actually offered to sell me the engine since I was not going to sell the car.

I have absolutely no idea if this will work in the legend, but trust my when I say this guy knows his automobiles. I am not sure which way that engine is mounted or what not, or what is involved in the swap, but whatever it was, he was going to do it. He said that he was going to rip the whole car apart right to scratch and paint everything black.

The last car that he built up was an 83 Volvo. It took him 6 years to complete this car, and he rebuilt it from the frame up, custom everything, suicide doors, 427 corvette engine, etc,etc,etc. It was appraised at $55 000CDN and won first place at the world of wheel two years ago.

Just a thought:confused: :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts