Acura Legend Forum banner

any way to remold side skirts?

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Ballistic 
#1 ·
Hey guys, when i got my legend from my parents i noticed the side skirts were really dented in from high speed bumps... whoever made them musta been on crack on something! Anyways, i was thinking of getting some used ones if i could find them, but i was wondering would a body shop or maybe me be able to add bondo or something to get them back to the original shape? Probably not, but wouldn't hurt to ask!

Thanks,
John

#3 ·
Yea, but I bet you could get some from a junk yard for less. I also need to do this to my car. Let me know if you find an easy way to get the side skirt off. You are talking about the lower skirts, right?

#4 ·
Yeah i am... The thing about junk yards is that all the one's in southern california don't have 2nd gen legends.

#5 ·
acuralegend94 said:
Yeah i am... The thing about junk yards is that all the one's in southern california don't have 2nd gen legends.
LOL! ohhh so so so so true!

The inside of the side skirt is metal in certain spots. You could remove it and take a look at the internal damamge. But, I don't recommend this because almost certainly you will warp the side skirts removing them. Bondo would def. conceal the damage, but if your car bottoms out again and the bondo gets wet, it will start to cake away.

#7 ·
whats the internals of the skirts look like? is it hollow, so i can push the dents back out? or is it dense all around?

#8 ·
Mondonalds - There is no easy way. You can remove your rear wheel and try to slide it off (didnt work to well for me). You must be careful not to scratch your rear bumper while doing that. Or, you can pull it off extremely slowly. You will break all the clips (6 @ 5bucks each).

acuralegend94 - I'll post some pictures tonight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.