Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little bit of tail light damage on the rear of this 93 model Honda NSX made the selling price Almost $10,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
702 Posts
damn, you can't beat that price....10G's...hook me up!!!

haha, that is sweet, what year is it? mileage and stuff?

damn, i just saw that steering is on the right side...don't think i could get used to that, but for 10 g's:D

·
Registered
238 Posts
jrock7791 said:
A little bit of tail light damage on the rear of this 93 model Honda NSX made the selling price Almost $10,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, FUC& dude, You are KILLING ME!!! These prices are crazy.
This just isnt right.
If I join the military and asked to be shipped to Japan. As long as I keep the car in Japan I wont have to pay the 45% taxes and the like right?:D

·
Registered
238 Posts
jrock7791 said:
Sea sick, If your in Japan on Military orders you can take back a vehicle free of charge and tax exempt now. All you have to pay is what the US requires to register it!!
:eek: WHAT!!!
Thats very cool. But how much does it cost to register it is he question.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
95gs said:
Darren - just how are you doing? my good buddy you!

:)
LOL!
Trying to make friends w/ the guy now eh? heehehee

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
There has to be more rear end damange then just a simple tailight issue. You can buy the entire JDM tail light from ScienceofSpeed for a little over $1000. A damaged tail light by itself should not lower a 93 NSX price by $25K. I wonder why they don't show a picture of the rear end? Most have some actual body damage.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tHERE WAS A PIC OF THE DAMAGE AND I COULDN'T ATTACH IT AND IT APPEARED AS IF THEY HAD BACKED INTO A LIGHT POLE OR SOMETHING. YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND JAPANESE PEOPLE AND INSURANCE COMPANIES HERE, THE DON'T LIKE DAMAGED GOODS AND SECOND HAND THINGS...THAT'S WHY 91-95 LEGENDS SELL FOR $400 TO $1500 AT AUCTION. SO DON'T MAKE ASSUMTIONS ON YOUR REASONING BECAUSE UNTIL YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED ANOTHER COUNTRIES WAYS YOU CAN'T LEGITIMATLY COMMENT ABOUT THEM.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
jrock7791 said:
tHERE WAS A PIC OF THE DAMAGE AND I COULDN'T ATTACH IT AND IT APPEARED AS IF THEY HAD BACKED INTO A LIGHT POLE OR SOMETHING. YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND JAPANESE PEOPLE AND INSURANCE COMPANIES HERE, THE DON'T LIKE DAMAGED GOODS AND SECOND HAND THINGS...THAT'S WHY 91-95 LEGENDS SELL FOR $400 TO $1500 AT AUCTION. SO DON'T MAKE ASSUMTIONS ON YOUR REASONING BECAUSE UNTIL YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED ANOTHER COUNTRIES WAYS YOU CAN'T LEGITIMATLY COMMENT ABOUT THEM.
Okay, no need to yell and get upset. I think I understand a little bit about the Japanese culture. I am Japanese myself, and my wife was technically born in Japan. I'm only the 4th generation in my family since my great grandparents immigrated to the US from Japan. I do know a few people who live and work in Japan as well. I'm not as ignorant as you might think I am. But if you can buy that NSX for $10K, than why don't you buy it and part the car out to all the US NSX owners who are dying to get a hold of JDM NSX parts? You could make about 2X - 3X the money just parting out the car to US buyers.

While that particualar NSX might very well have a simple tail lamp damage, and thus the owner is the type like you mentioned and wants to sell it for $10K, I don't believe that the majority of 93 NSXs with simple damage like that go for that cheap. If they are, then you should get into the business of buying these cars and shipping them to the US for parts. I know a lot of people would would buy many of the parts off the car for prices that would more than make up the intitial $10K price and shipping costs to the US.

Also, if JDM Legends are selliing for $400-$1500, I'll give you $1500 to buy one of those Legends, and the only parts I want off the car is the front H hood grill, the 1 piece headlights, the drivers side interior door panel black leather color (the right hand side), the steering wheel also black in color, and the drivers (right hand side) front power seat also black leather color. You can part the rest of the car out to other buyers. I'm sure you can still make an extra few thousand dollars by selling the engine, transmission, and other little things to other people here in the US. Just let me know the next time a cheap Legend with those parts mentioned comes along, because I am serious about those parts and been trying to get them for a while now. I already have JDM 1 piece lights, but I know a few people locally that have been dying to get them.

·
Registered
275 Posts
ChrisK - If this ever happens and if you're looking for a coupe, can I go in part way with you? All I want is the black carpeting and tail lights.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
LiasLegend said:
ChrisK - If this ever happens and if you're looking for a coupe, can I go in part way with you? All I want is the black carpeting and tail lights.
By all means, lets do it. We can split the cost accordingly to the parts we need and agree upon. I'm sure we can more than make it worth the money both for us as buyers and for the whomever is willing to buy the cheap cars and sell us the parts

·
Registered
275 Posts
ChrisK said:

By all means, lets do it. We can split the cost accordingly to the parts we need and agree upon. I'm sure we can more than make it worth the money both for us as buyers and for the whomever is willing to buy the cheap cars and sell us the parts
What do you say JROCK7791, are we asking for too much now?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts