Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at getting clear corners but i don't want to pay like $300 for them. Has anybody converted their factory into clear? Can anybody tell me how to do it or what kinda plastic they used to replace the amber? Tips and Pix are much appriciated. Thanks.

'90 LS coupe

20% tint
custom clear bumper lenses
custom mesh grill
kenwood 10 disc changer
165000 miles

·
Registered
270 Posts
I believe, from what I've read on other forums, that you have to cut and break the amber diffuser from the inside of the light and remove it... You don't replace anything in it's place...

·
1990 Legend
214 Posts
cdndvl said:
I believe, from what I've read on other forums, that you have to cut and break the amber diffuser from the inside of the light and remove it... You don't replace anything in it's place...
This is worng, take a look at your corners, the amber is the actual plactic used for the lense. To make custom clear corners you would have to replace the amber lense with a clear plastic lense.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Really ?? Ok... I haven't attempted it... I thought that people just removed the diffuser... Where do you get the new clear plastic for the new lense ??

·
1990 Legend
214 Posts
You can just take the diffuser out of the bumber lights to clear them out, but if you look carefully at the corners the amber is on the outside. I have JDM clears so I don't know how to make the clear corners. I did start a project working on clear/red tails for the sedan, but after doing one tail I never got motivated enough to buy the the center and other tail to modify.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi, how you doing?

You want clear corner lights for your legend? Do you mean the lights' that are right next to the front head-lamps? In this country those lights come as standard (UK) on Legends - there is no amber. I had to get a replacement light for my car when someone went into it once so the Legend could pass the MOT test here, it cost me over £90. ($150.00) for one light, and I am not rich!

Then I found a salvage yard with about five Honda Legends and I could have got one for about a tenth of the price, If you want I can find out their number for you, just tell me if your Legend is a four door or coupe, i'm sure the postage is inexpensive to the states because those lights are light.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could you get some of those? How much would they be? That sounds very interesting. Thanks for the info... I may not have to destroy/convert my old ones. My car is a '90 LS coupe.

[email protected]

'90 LS coupe

20% tint
custom clear bumper lenses
custom mesh grill
kenwood 10 disc changer
165000 miles

·
Registered
217 Posts
yeah, no doubt man, hook us americans up w/ clear corners in the front. i got a 89 coupe. i think all the g1 coupes have the same clear corners.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Definitely a buyer here. Just let us know and I'm sure there will be plenty of people willing to fork over some cash to get the factory pieces.

:)

·
Registered
217 Posts
lol big daddy, u sure that icon is appropiate? shiat... i may be youngest person here (17 on the 11th) and dont mind but ya never know whos checkin out da forums

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Pending Price + Shipping, maybe you charge like $10 over what they cost so you can make some money off of it for your troubles.

I'm interested... 90L Coupe

·
Registered
32 Posts
Clear lights

Hi, thanks for the offer but I really can't be bothered exchanging American dollars, I've got enough left over from my last trip to the states, LOL.

But what I can do is get the phone number for the Scrap yard concerned and post it on the forum (with the area code), I'll also give them a ring first just to make sure they have lights for a Legend coupe.

I know how hard it is to get the right lights, I must have spent a whole day ringing up dozens of salvage yards for a Legend lamp, they are so rare here most parts are gone as soon as a car comes into a yard.

For those who don't make it for the first-come-first-serve it might be also worth considering looking into scrap yards in Europe though I must admit I can't speak French very well so did not bother. When I was in Australia also this Christmas I think the Legends there had clear lamps too, good luck!

Will post phone number tomorrow!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry guys, still haven't found out the number, will get it when I get home later!

·
Registered
580 Posts
See my G1 pic with Euro Clears from Japan

Paid $260 for these new from Japan via Auto Options Salon
3 years ago.

The car may go up for sale and if it does, I will see to it that the clears are sold seperately in my brothers best interest

Unless he gets a really damm good price for it when ever it goes up for sale on Ebay!

Regards, James

·
Registered
138 Posts
Count me in and send the info when you find it. I am definitiely interested. Clear corners would be great for my 1988 L Sedan.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Guys, I am very busy at the moment but I'll put it in my diary to ring my friend tomorrow morning and find out the number of this place, honest; appreciate the patience!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts