Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard from one of my friends that in 1989 in japan they came out with a twin turbo charged acura legend coupe with over 300 horsepower..

i was just wondering if this is true and if it is, is there a kit out there that you can turbo charge legends...

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
There was a JDM 2.0 liter V6 single turbo coupe from the factory but it only made around 190-200 HP.

·
Registered
180 Posts
my opinion, your crazy if you get that junk, 4k for only 80hp?! what are you thinking?! you can buy your self some NOS and probably other preformance parts that'll give you more then 80hp! get some cams, mabye some new pistions, electronics, ecu all that junk, your throwing your money away on that turbo kit.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
The Turbo Legend, "Ti" I think as it was called, was a coupe with 188HP, found in various parts of the world. There are RUMORS, never been confirmed that a small very small (under 300) G1 Legends Coupes were made with TwinTurbo that produced 270HP in Japan, as a test... the turbos were not popular for fuel consumption reasons, and never made mass production.

Like I said rumors, that FORCEDAIRTEK turbo system will add 80HP to bring the legend up to 240HP.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanx for the responses...wouldn't you also be able to upgrade the turbos to make them larger for more of a horsepower gain?? or is 80 hp all you will be able to get?? cause i am sure you can probably run more boost..

what about kits for 1991-1995 legends?? are there any?

·
Registered
27 Posts
No, there isn't a kit for the 91-95 Legend yet!! Because I'm planning on doing it by next summer! Saving the money up right now, its around 4 k for single turbo, but w/o intercooler , BUT... I have an aftermarket front bumper that would allow the room for the intercooler and I will get the Ball Bearing Turbo instead of the T4 they offer! The only proble is I'm in Illinois so I also have to save the money to send the car to Arizona and back to IL as well! Hope to save the money up in time ,wish me luck!

G

·
0 Posts
Only way I would do the Turbo was if I had the perfect Legend. Of course being a '95 6-speed Coupe LS :D with low miles. Me and my sad '94 Auto Coupe L ;) hehe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts