Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody given one of these guys a nod and a rev? Just wondering... 200 hp in a 4 banger is pretty nice... i'd assume its light as well. How would we fare? I'm guessing torque would come into play... Has anybody taken one?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I know the RSX is lighter, newer, vtec, etc...but I just don't know how a lil 4 cylinder could beat a nice 6

G

·
I killed my friend's RSX, but he doesn't have the Type-S nor a manual :p. I think he only has like 160hp. The car is still fast though, and fun as hell to drive. I would like the 2003 Honda Integra Type-R, now there is a sweet car. Any of you guys seen these in the magazines, etc...

·
Registered
248 Posts
I think the key to racing any of these high horsepower, low torque, high revving front engine cars is the launch. if the other driver is competant and knows how to launch his car properly (very rare from my experience), you have a good hcance. cause if you are infronty of him by about a car length when you hit about 4 grand in first gear, they have no chance, cause then your engine will stay in its sweet spot all the way through...'

b

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I don't know guys, the 6-speed 200HP 4cyl Type-S RSX looks to be a little fast car. If anything maybe the 230HP TypeII 6-Speed can take it. Don't think the auto would, the weight difference must be huge....

·
Registered
685 Posts
I wanna see a G1 or G2 beat an RSX-S 0-60 in (roughly) 6.5 seconds, that pretty fast for a 4 banger (on CrAcK), but I think the G2's with the intake and exhaust could take im

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Stock, a 6-speed TypeII would have the best chance. Forget about the G1 or TypeI tough, unless it is modified. Too bad the RSX doesn't look good!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have a 91 Type 1 auto, and I beat my friend's RSX auto (not a type S) on the highway going about 120, after that, his engine didn't "climb" anymore, while I kept going

·
Registered
99 Posts
hmmm...

Type-S, with a half-way decent driver: NO!

RSX Type-S:
0-60: 6.7 sec
0-100: 18.0
1/4 mi: 15.2 @ 91.7

'93 LS Coupe (6-speed):
0-60: 7.3
0-100: 19.5
1/4 mi: 15.7 @91.0

All numbers are from Road & Track.

Note that OEM tires are used. A simple tire swap on the RSX (from those crappy Michelin V4's) should drop it 0.2-0.4 seconds.

I would guess that the regular RSX is slower than the Type-II's, but since I don't have any numbers for it, I dunno.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Koper those numbers are with traction control on... That Legend does 0-60 in 6.3 with it switched off.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Re: hmmm...

The infamous GS coupe, I think Koper meant to say the LS.

koper187 said:
Type-S, with a half-way decent driver: NO!

RSX Type-S:
0-60: 6.7 sec
0-100: 18.0
1/4 mi: 15.2 @ 91.7

'93 GS Coupe:
0-60: 7.3
0-100: 19.5
1/4 mi: 15.7 @91.0

All numbers are from Road & Track.

Note that OEM tires are used. A simple tire swap on the RSX (from those crappy Michelin V4's) should drop it 0.2-0.4 seconds.

I would guess that the regular RSX is slower than the Type-II's, but since I don't have any numbers for it, I dunno.

·
Registered
248 Posts
what a car is capable of and waht a car can do with a norma driver on a street is two different things.

two examples, take a corvette c5 and a subaru wrx sti, both could be rated around 4.8 seconds, but on the street, its very doubtful taht the subaru will win, beucae the vet is pretty easy to launch, while the wrc will require clutch drop with high RPMS, hard to get it right, ahrd to control, and easy to break things...

:)

b

·
Registered
459 Posts
I got a stock 92 5speed. Well I got dusted boys I know he had a stick but thats all. I Was Just messing w/ him any way he had a girl in the car at a red light playing his music so I turns up the bass on my car pushing pause frequently just so I can hear his bummy stereo. This all hapened when Ludacris and all them came to Baltimore at Bodegas or Bohegas one of them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts