Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every now and then, mostly when I brake hard from lower speeds, my front brakes sound like they are dragging. Sometimes the sound is pretty audible and I can feel it in my brake pedal. I have had my brakes checked 3 times and each time no problem was found. I am thinking it may be brake dust. Anyone have any knowledge on this?

Before the end of the year, with a positive employment situation, I will be getting x-drilled/slotted rotors, MM pads, and SS brake lines, so I am not worrying too much about the dragging, but I am still a little concerned.

Thanks.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm more leaning towards a stuck caliper. I'm guessing by dragging, you mean that you can hear the pads against the disc for a little while after you have stopped applying the breaks?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My rotors seem to be fine, and there is no vibration that usually accompanies warped rotors.

By dragging I mean an audible sound while coming to a stop but the pedal is still pushed down. It is a low pitched sound that only occurs sometimes. It is hard to explain. I think it just may be brake dust. I guess I am the only one to experience this.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have someone remove the pads and check between the shims and the pads for dryness. There is a grease (the name is molykote M77) that should be between the shim and the pad. Your inner pad has two shims, so the shim next to the pad should have grease on both sides. My understanding is that this grease will help to reduce or eliminate the noise that you are hearing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.