Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is kinda like a where's waldo, except for I wanna know how the fukk this guy opens up his doors :p.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
The owner has what you call a Solenoid. He has a remote with keyless entry :D and when he presses the button on the remote, the door pops open or he can also have the windows roll down to open i from the inside. I think that is gives the car a clean look and will have theifs thinking twice about taking the car. But the downer is what if your car battery or the remote decide to go dead, then what :(?? But overall I like it. I cant remember who's car it is but I know he use to or still does surf the forums.

·
Registered
100 Posts
In case when the battery dies, there is a local "POP" mechanical switch most likely located underneath the car or under the wheel fender. Remember to watch the movie "GONE IN 60 SECONDS", you will see that one of the actors are feeling under the edge of the door, and there is a pop switch that opens the door, and the alarm goes off.

Usually, some smart installation guy would know to use the stock key hole/locking mechanism and install it into the "pop" switch for more added security. It's just too easy to open the door with a fail-safe pop switch.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The top white coupe I thinl is TYPEII 's coupe.. He's on the board... I don't really like the Coupe w/o the trim that goes around the car.. It looks naked... But the set up the 2 gentleman have it works for them...:)

·
Registered
702 Posts
My friend shaved his door handles and new paint job on his 82 coup de ville. It opens by remote and true if battery dies you are short and can't get in or the worst is if you have the car running with the key in the ignition, and get out for a second without leaving a window cracked...you are locked out!!!!!! :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts