Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had problems with their Legend overheating??? My '90 Legend coupe overheats when I turn on the A/C. The coolant that was in it when I bought it was a brownish color, just like the old camry we used to own. It was low on coolant so I added some new stuff, which is NOT brown!

I'm just wondering what could be causing it to overheat? The fans don't turn on unless I've been running the A/C, but after I shut that off only the fan on the passenger side runs. But they do NOT turn on unless I've been running the A/C. Is there something I need replaced? Do I need the radiator flushed? Please help. Thanks guys.
---Bob---

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I know the coolant shouldn't be brown. But it's just weird. Yeah, I was planning on gettin the radiator flushed and puttin in new coolant since that stuff is brown and gross. Why would the fans only come on when the A/C is on? If I go up steep hills it overheats and boils over and the fans never kick on. If I run with the A/C on it actually runs a lil' cooler since the fans are both turning. :confused:
--Bob--

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.