Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I get all my bose stuff at very discounted prices...my cousin works at a bose outlet in San Marcos!! I have a bose system in the TL of course, 4-141's in my bedroom, 1 satelite speaker in my bathroom, acostimass 15 system in my Living room, bose wave radio for the computer, 4-301's in the guest bedroom, Wave music system in the kitchen, and 2 outdoor bose speakers (not sure which model)...gotta love the discounts...a little over 50%!! Oh yeah...and an extra acoustimass 5 system...anyone need it? Have no use for it and it's still in the original box, opened of course!! I had to test it;)

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
I have a pair of Bose 301s as my second set of fronts in my Homer Theatre. They sounds great with all my equipment. Mission 700 series fronts and center, Bose 301 fronts, Nuance 10" star grand sub, paradigm rears, Yamaha Amp.

I got the bose so cheap.... I bought them off my neighbor for $100 CDN.... like $60 US.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
GoldenCoupe said:
The only way to buy Bose is at a very good discount...gotta love e-bay!!:cool:
Very True. I think it is overpriced but the quality is there if you go for the higher end bose.

I always see adds for the 301s, which have the picture of my style (the nice style) for like $200 on sale. Then when you get to the store, they are the cheapest looking bose spekers you have ever seen. The are in a cheap square wooden box, crappy looking grill, and the power rating is not even the same. And then the [email protected] salesman has the ballz to tell you that they are the same speaker in a different box. There is a reason you pay $500 for the REAL 301s.

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
GoldenCoupe said:
[BOh yeah...and an extra acoustimass 5 system...anyone need it? Have no use for it and it's still in the original box, opened of course!! I had to test it;) [/B]
lol, how much do u want for it? I have two older bose (model 141)speakers for my Sony Stereo on my desk, lol, i'm sure that would be a nice upgrade, haha, bass is almost non existant.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yuck, I would never buy Bose for home theater or for listening to music, at least full price. If I could get it at a heavy discount then yeah, but I'd rather listen to some Klipsch, which you can find for a good price too.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
Yuck, I would never buy Bose for home theater or for listening to music, at least full price. If I could get it at a heavy discount then yeah, but I'd rather listen to some Klipsch, which you can find for a good price too.
I agree...

My Dad bought the bose satelite system and will have to say that it SERIOUSLY lacks bass. For the price he paid he could have gotten the energy take 5 system which was voted the best system for under $1500 last year. Dont get me wrong.... very crisp sound, no distortion and for the size of speaker not too bad.... but bose home theater IMHO lacks bass. For bass, I recomend a 10" powered sub. Lots of deep bass, but small enough to provide the tight clean bass for the higher frequencies. 12" too big.... too sloppy when it comes to bass.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
haha
back when I was in HS, I had the BOSE Acoustimass SE-5's in my room. The Satellites were mounted on the ceiling, I had two walk-closets...one had a custom box I built that was 5.5' tall with one 15" Sub in it, and another two subs behind my bed (12") in another custom box I built. The subs were caddy corner as far as setup goes in the room, the Bose were up top, and I replaced the intercom speaker with a 6'5" two-way. Wow, this was all Tri-amped, and you could have a party outside using just my room, but neighbors wouldn't go for that...nor would my parents...it would be unbecoming to shake all my neighbors windows for the next two blocks (which it did with earth defying clarity) but my friends thought it was so cool, they could tell when I got home....for those of you that remember the [email protected]#$y Caper by the 2 Live Crew, instrumental, well, I could play that on about volume level 4, and you could hear it out side my subdivision...which was full of trees, and ALL BRICK houses. (Now, I lived a good ways in too). I only know this because I was curious just how loud it could be, and clean, clear, and chest-punching deep.

Haha.

Cracked a few windows in the room...I never made it a habit to blast my stereo, but it was good to know it was there..besides, it set a nice mood when jamming to Sade, or Moments in Love.....ahh, the memories ;)

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I had the Bose system in my G3 Maxima :D. It was the factory premuim system on the SE model. I have to say it's the best factory system I've ever heard. I loved it, and never even thought about replacing it.

I also had Bose premuim system in my 94 LS, the Bose premuim system in the Legends are just a peice of CRAP! :mad: It sounded like sh!t the first day I got the car and it has absolutely no bass what so ever. I changed it in less than a month to a complete aftermarket system. Sound MUCH MUCH better. I would never go back to the factory system again. Now the premuim system just sits in my closet and rot away.

·
Registered
296 Posts
WhiteLegend said:
Now the premuim system just sits in my closet and rot away.
Wanna sell the front door speakers to me.........wait....is it a Coupe premium system? I would like the 2100 head unit too. Thanks

Ghost

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Ghost said:

Wanna sell the front door speakers to me.........wait....is it a Coupe premium system? I would like the 2100 head unit too. Thanks

Ghost
Only the LS coupes had premuim system. The Premuim system came with 93-95 LS coupes and sedans and 94-95 GS sedans.

I would, but since the car loses $2000 in trade in value without the original stereo. I'm going to put them back in when I sell the car. Sorry!

·
Registered
733 Posts
I had a pair of Bose 901 Concertos for my home stereo, bad thing about them is that they will only work with the Bose EQ that you have to buy separate, and once that went south on my system, the speakers were no more good to me. Since a friend of mine had two already I sold him mine to complete the set for his...Nice sound though.

·
OLD SKOOL P*MP
235 Posts
me too ...

i've had my acoustimass 7 system since 1996 ... bought them at cost from the electronics retailer i worked for ... just before i quit ... :D

also have a pair of 201s for my rears ...

still sound as good as they did 6 years ago ... always have friends offering to buy them off me ...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts