Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got mine fixed today...it was just a rock stuck inbetween the sheild and the pipe!! ****ers charged me 10 dollars just to unscrew it and take out the rock!!! Oh well at least it's not rattling anymore! Some may try this to see if it works. It surprisingly didn't look all rusted when it was raised! There was no rust actually...is that odd? I hear of peoples heat shields that are rusted and decaying and mine is still shiny and new!!

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
i did that yesterday. Having my car slammed get alot of rocks in those little holes. It was so annying when i would pull up and my **** car ould be makinga cray buzzing noise. ha. $10 is not tooo bad but stll wasnt worth 10

·
Registered
163 Posts
RATTER RATTER THUNDER CLATTER.....

BOOM BOOM BOOM?.....NOT...
THE TOP PART OF MY HEAT SHIELD IS RUSTED LOOSE AND IT RATTLES LIKE A MOFO ON CRACK....I COULDN'T GET THE SCREWS OFF BECAUSE THEYS WAS RUSTED TOO....JUST WRAPED ALUMINUM WIRING AROUND THE ENDZ...AND THAT STOPPED FOR BOUT 6 MONTHS....BUT NOW ITS RATTLING AGAIN...I THINK ALOT OF LEGENDS HAVE THIS PROBLEM....NOT A BIG ISSUE BUT THE NOISE IS JUST SO DAYAM ANNOYING....I THINKS IMMA TRY TO RIP IT OFF....

·
Registered
397 Posts
GoldenCoupe said:
I got mine fixed today...it was just a rock stuck inbetween the sheild and the pipe!! ****ers charged me 10 dollars just to unscrew it and take out the rock!!! Oh well at least it's not rattling anymore! Some may try this to see if it works. It surprisingly didn't look all rusted when it was raised! There was no rust actually...is that odd? I hear of peoples heat shields that are rusted and decaying and mine is still shiny and new!!
I think it has a lot to do with salt and rain. I don't think it rains in Texas as much as many other places in the country. Especially if your car has been in Texas for most or all of the time it's been off the showroom floor. Although I live in Sacramento (Where it barely rains) my car was originally in Pennsylvania and then Maryland. When it... SNOWS they put down salt to break up the ice and that gets all up under the car and eventually corrodes the metal. I wuould guess that your cars probably haven't been in the snow on a regular basis, eh? Holla!

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
My car makes a rattling noise, like a metallic one, I can only hear it when the car moves a lot, as in sways or goes over a bump...Car has lived in Georgia, Las Vegas (most of its' life), and now Los Angeles

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
^ how often do you drive your car in grass and leaves?
I know I don't...

my heat sheild was rattling quite a bit lately when idling so I had my mechinc remove it today. $20 and about half an hour. some had to be taken off with the blowtorch. but it was all nice and shiny still. no rust.

now my car is about a pound or 2 lighter and doesn't rattle :)

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
i have no heat shields except the one over the CAT. Having a slammed legend to many pebbles got stuck in those holes i had to completely remoce it.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I'm not sure if all fo the sheilds were taken off or everything exceopt the CAT sheild. I'm hoping the mechanic knew enough about the car to leave that one on.

how can I check? do I need to lift the car up?

what does the CAT look like and where?

·
Sexy Member
7,377 Posts
my heat shield rattles too, but im to lazy to take it to the shop, ima take them off tomorrow.
-hass

·
Registered
91 Posts
Heat shield started making noises last month.......i am sure it is rusted.......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts