Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Seasick, what a beautiful Legend Coupe!

I have a black 93 LS 6 speed, also lowered, mine with Eibachs and Konis. No spoiler on mine, no dual exhausts either.

A few questions - How do you like the duals? How do they sound? Do they weigh more than stock, if so do you know how much? How did you do it? What kind of mufflers did you use? Is it quicker than it was with a single?

Your car looks beautiful.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thanks man

2x6spds said:
Seasick, what a beautiful Legend Coupe!

I have a black 93 LS 6 speed, also lowered, mine with Eibachs and Konis. No spoiler on mine, no dual exhausts either.

A few questions - How do you like the duals? How do they sound? Do they weigh more than stock, if so do you know how much? How did you do it? What kind of mufflers did you use? Is it quicker than it was with a single?

Your car looks beautiful.
I like my duals, IMO it adds a nice aggressive look, also with my H&Rs and Konis it plays a visual trick on you and makes it look wider in person. I dont recall the weight but im sure the 2 MagnaFlows weigh more than the OEM muffler.
It took a little modification to the rear bumper and to the tool well in the trunk.
Yes, It does perform better at higher rpm's. There was a slight loss of low end power, But I plan on getting that+ back in the next few months;) .

·
Registered
238 Posts
aiznpride said:
where did you put the y-pipe? from the bottom view pic, it looks like you have a true dual setup. hehe.

also,
"tool well in the trunk" what is that and how did you modify that?
-j
Yes, it is a true dual setup.
Im not sure of Honda/Acuras name for it but I call it the tool well. Im referring to the pocket in the rear passenger side of the trunk floor. You need to trim 4" off the bottom of it.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
SeaSickLegend said:

Yes, it is a true dual setup.
Im not sure of Honda/Acuras name for it but I call it the tool well. Im referring to the pocket in the rear passenger side of the trunk floor. You need to trim 4" off the bottom of it.
gotcha.
wow, true dual eh? how much did that set you back?
any loss in back pressure?

-j

·
Registered
238 Posts
Blo said:
I thought true dual was 2 pipes from headers back:confused:
You are right.
What I am referring to is where it splits in to two. Like on the V6 Accord, it splits right before the passenger side muffler, That will give it an uneven flow and look. where as I have mine split evenly from the cat back.

·
Registered
238 Posts
rockshox72 said:
That is so Phat!!!! very nice. Hey Sea, looking at your rims, you had the acura centerpiece on it, did you have to look for it elsewhere as after-aftermarket, or did it come with the wheels?
Yeah, all the aftermarket center pieces were too small for the rim. One day I noticed that the emblems would fit perfectly, So I picked up 4 emblems with 3m adhesive and it worked like a charm.

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
As I have said before I love your duals. I was flipping through your pics and noticed that you seemed to use the OEM cat? I was shocked to see how long you used only one pipe. I am planning on having two seperate pipes for everything and crossing them at the cat. Just a little curious before I set off on this path!
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
238 Posts
sleeprlegendcp said:
As I have said before I love your duals. I was flipping through your pics and noticed that you seemed to use the OEM cat? I was shocked to see how long you used only one pipe. I am planning on having two seperate pipes for everything and crossing them at the cat. Just a little curious before I set off on this path!
Later!
Lee
Not sure what your looking at, You shouldnt see the oem CAT in there:confused:.
In the pic you are looking at you should see the cat and the long pipe looking piece is really a the resonator.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.