Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'93 Legend 6-speed. Rumbling sound coming from right front under hard left cornering. I've changed axles twice....once to a parts store axle, and then after talking with Marty at Raxles...I bought another new one from them - nothing changed. I check the hub bearing for roughness and it seemed fine, but I will change that out next....unless someone has another suggestion.
Is there anything in the differential that could go bad? You'd think it would make noise on a constant basis.

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,685 Posts
what about hard brakes.

it might be wheel bearing.
my car had that problem too + the shaking at stop lights when i brake.

now its perfect after the change. take it to a mechanic.. if it is the wheel bearing he will know.. or check it urself .. just take ur wheel off and try wiggling the the brakes . you'll know if its loose. trust me

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like the wheel bearing. Does it sound like a
plane going overhead?
Yeah, that might describe it...only when turning to the left

what about hard brakes.

Not the brake...they are new and no sound under braking.

it might be wheel bearing.
Actually that was my first thought...the raxles guy seemed to think it was an inner CV bearing - not.

my car had that problem too + the shaking at stop lights when i brake.

now its perfect after the change. take it to a mechanic.. if it is the wheel bearing he will know.. or check it urself .. just take ur wheel off and try wiggling the the brakes . you'll know if its loose. trust me
I just had everything apart to put in the axle. I'll put in a new hub bearing this weekend. Only other thing I could think of is the outer differential bearing.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I would say the wheel bearing if it makes the noise turning left it would be your front right. The lower ball joint can be tough to crack loose. Be careful not to damage the threads. You need a large socket (36mm I think) and a big breaker bar to take off the axle nut to start. Other than that, it is not too hard to do. I had the bearing pressed in by a local shop for me for about $40. I bought the bearing online for about $100 I believe..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.