Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have received some inquiries into a big brake kit for the 91+ cars, and have a lower cost alternative, namely a 2 piece directional vane rotor. This design moves more air through the rotor allowing it to remain cooler. I have several other kits using this design and so can keep the prices lower as a result. If anyone is interested drop me a line.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
go tany pics of the thing? also is it a rotor kit or a tube running from the front of the car to the rotors to cool them down? last question is what kind of price are we talking about? thanks..

--cody

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have a pic of the rotors as they are still being made, but I have pics of the type of rotor I use if anyone is interested. The retail cost is $575/pair but I'd be willing to have a group buy for $515 if at least 10 buyers join in.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I would be interested in upgrading to wilwood calipers, could you put a kit together?

I figure a custom caliper bracket would have to be fabricated, any thoughts?

·
Stiff Member
94 Posts
what would be the dimensions??
11? 12? 13? 14? inches?
Would they come with a kit to make the OEM calipers fit like the AEM Big Brakes?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I am coming up on needing new brakes soon, I would definitely like to upgrade to a two-piece rotor with caliper relocation. I have 17" wheels so I would like a mean set of front rotors! Also, for anyone who knows, can I install the Type II dual piston calipers on my 95 Type I without needing to replace the master cylinder? If this ends up being a two-piece rotor and caliper relocation I would like to upgrade to Type II calipers.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
AzLScoupe: would you be interested in a Legend meet here in the Valley?

·
Stiff Member
94 Posts
I don't know how many Legend owners are there in the valley of the sun enough to make a meet. I see plenty of legend owners around but don't know if they come to the forum
But I would be definately interested. I once thought of attending one in LA coz it is approx. 4 hours drive for me. 5½ hours if you try to keep close to the speed limit.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Well, I have a thread in "Acura Legend Meets" >>"Arizona meets?" there is actually about 3 or 4 others looking for an Az meet. I went to a hondaprelude.com meet a few months back, and there was only about 7-8 cars, but it was still fun. I think we could pull together a few more than that, I have 2 friends with G2 Legends, and I know they would show up!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The 2 piece rotors will be the same dimensions as stock(11.1" x 1.1" thick) but they will have directional vanes and the aluminum hat for better heat management.

I can put together any size rotor (12-14") with a 4 or 6 piston caliper. Prices range from $975 for the 4 pot 12.2" kit to $1500+ for a 14" 6 pot kit. I keep the prices down by not using drilled or slotted rotors as standard, but if you want them they are available at an extra cost.

The cars would benefit from a larger rotor, and even the 12.2" would certainly be noticed in terms of greater braking ability.

Kits will include:
4 pot calipers- 6 pot optional
2 piece directional vane rotors
braided steel front brake lines
adapter brackets
all hardware
brake pads

I can also provide a 13" kit that uses the stock calipers. Estimated price is $650.

·
Junior Mint
633 Posts
That 13" brake with stock calipers sounds good. I would be in for something like that.

G

·
yeah, I would be in depending on how hard installation will be.... is it going to be any harder than installing rotors that are the same size as stock? Also, how much more do you charge to get the cross drilled, and slotted? Is this going to work for the Type-II's, cause we use bigger stock rotors, and different calipers?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll be making kits that fit both Type I and II. I have the kunckles for both, but don't see any dimensional differences. If there are any differences you can tell me about please do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts