Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who used to own a performance shop that will be starting to import parts from Japan. just gauging interest on parts for him.

He has already located a source for a full catback exhaust for the sedan put out by Trust.

He also said he has located a shop that does custom headers for a G2.

Not guaranteeing anything just trying to see who is interested.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I would be interested, of course when the money starts rollin in again... pretty sure a lot of us here would be too. the G2 headers sound like a sweet upgrade.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Well about the headers...

Tell your friend that there is a HUGE market for Acura Legend headers in North America and if he wants to make lots of money, he better start importing them into the US and Canada NOW!!!!

We (the Legend owners) have been trying desperately to find Legend headers and only ended up with dead ends so as much as I would like to believe that what you're saying is true, seeing is believing....

SaGe69

·
IM A LEGEND
742 Posts
LEGEND HEADERS! I WILL KILL SOME ONE FOR A SET OF THOSE. JUST KIDDING KEEP US INFORMED ON WHEN HE IS GOING TO GET THEM AND HOW MUCH. YOU CAN COUNT ME IN FOR ONE OF EACH.

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Type I and Type II have slightly different emission control features in the exhaust system. Does the shop do both types? I Don't need CARB cert but need to have all emission fittings.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SpeedDemon said:
Are we talking about G2 Headers for a Type-II? If so I'm in, and maybe that catback if it was for a Coupe?
Greddy makes a catback exhaust for a G2 coupe already, but in order to have a greddy (Trust) for a G2 sedan in the states that exhaust has to be extended about 4 inches

·
Registered
113 Posts
Custom Headers from Japan?

I'm interested, if it is possible, but I would want the specs and the design first before I start throwing out some dough.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I WANT THE HEADER

AYE...Im down with the header for the Legend. What i wanna know is the specks and for which engine type. Also the price. so whenever ya get the 411 post it up...thanks

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
interested!

hopefully this tax return hooks me up.

and you guys.. you know... you guys let me know where i can buy headers.

won't you have to pull the engine completely to install these headers?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Can you ask your buddy about any G1 items?? If they make headers for the G1... MAYBE?????????

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am definitely interested in the sedan cat back if it's in the
$550-$650 range. I would also be interested in headers depending on performance and price.

·
Junior Mint
633 Posts
Well, I'm always interested in headers, but I'm concerned that we're not going to have anyone donate a car in Japan for them to develop with.

- ek

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
E K said:
Well, I'm always interested in headers, but I'm concerned that we're not going to have anyone donate a car in Japan for them to develop with.

- ek
my buddy says they have done Legend headers before. He's going in March and I will see him tomorrow and I will let him know of the interest. He's going to check out my Supra and it's turbo gasket leak.

infinite,

I believe Trust is the Japanese parent company of Greddy, should have very similar if not the same looks and performance. This is an ACTUAL sedan application that my friend is talking about.

we should hear more after he makes his trip. He speaks fluent japanese so nothing will get lost in the translation

1 - 20 of 34 Posts