Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when you take your car to be maintenanced at the dealer (like when the interval light turns yellow/red) do they change your oil? are they supposed too? i heard whenever you take your car to the dealer for any work they're supposed to give a tune up/inspection along with the work you requested. is this true?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've never heard of a dealer changing your oil without your consent. Because they sure as hell would charge you for it. As far as inspecting your car, I know one of the dealers I took my car to did this in order to get some additional business, while my car was there for something else.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
They will only changer the oil if is is part of the service that you bring your car into for. Like a 30K service, or something like that. For any other service that may come up, you have to instruct them to do so. I think some people would be pissed if they just changed their synthetic oil the day before and Acura drains it out for their crap the next day :D

·
L4K3R5 F4N
1,205 Posts
But that service indicator is really there just to remind you to get an oil change (7500 miles according to the book). So if you brought your car to the dealer because of this indicator, by default, wouldn't an oil change be the appropriate service? I never really take my car to the dealer for any repair, so I can't really be sure of this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.