Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother in law has a 93 Legend with 180k+ miles. His differential seal is leaking and Acura quoted him $600 to replace it even though the part is only $10. He asked me tonight if I could help him do it.

My question is, even if we have never done one before and we are both pretty mechanically inclined, could we do it? Anyone have instructions or can scan some from the Helms manual?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I had mine done in North Atlanta for 325 ($300 was labor). It took aa full afternoon and need a lift to drop diff....not an easy job. I went to a private shop that specialized in Honda/Acura...common problem..

·
Registered
100 Posts
I Paid $430 for Diffy Pinion Seal X

You're right - it's a $10 part, but the guys that did my car (back at 120K miles) said the whole transmission had to be removed (6-speed manual), so it should have been even more expensive, as they quoted me the price for the job on an automatic. These guys were good and not cheap, but maybe a little cheaper than the local Acura dealer. Good luck, and get it fixed soon!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
that's the standard price at the dealer.
i paid 500 at the dealer here in NY. i saw them do it. not an easy job. they put the car up on the lift and just completely took apart the car just to get to it.
-j

·
Registered
143 Posts
tony

yea- from the interactions i've had w. tony he's pretty cool to boot!

he doesn't mark up the price on parts, and i got him in contact w. acura of augusta, so he should be able to get the most inexpensice parts around.

leon- did he mention his twin turbo idea to ya? =D

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
Re: tony

MrOnions said:
yea- from the interactions i've had w. tony he's pretty cool to boot!

he doesn't mark up the price on parts, and i got him in contact w. acura of augusta, so he should be able to get the most inexpensice parts around.

leon- did he mention his twin turbo idea to ya? =D
yup, he will be working closely with me on it :)
Actually, I will get Mr. Moody involved cuz I think he is very knowledgeable on this matter...so we will see :D I'd be happy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts