Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my antenna mast is all bent and stuff, the don't go up all the way and makes loud clicking noises when they go down.
I want to get a new mast, where can I get a new mast, and how much does it usually cost? Also can I install it myself?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
699 Posts
all acura dealerships have the masts.... they usually cost anywhere from $60-90, just depending on where you get it.
you can call Acura of Augusta and theyll ship one to you. theyre have it for pretty cheap, i think like $58. hope this helps.
oh yeah, its is fairly easy to do yourself, you just need like one other person to turn the radio on and off when youre putting the mast in.

·
Registered
760 Posts
i was looking into doing this too, my antenna mast is also bent and all fubared up. anyways i found http://www.antennaworld.com which sells masts for $25. i dont know if they are the right ones but you can call em and ask if they have acura masts.

if their masts are the wrong kinda ill probably just get one from Acura of Augusta, kind of a high price though but its better then having a broken mast.

thanks Acurate420 for the info!

-brandon

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Sorry to bud in here....

I have to replace the mast on my 93 coupe now, and I still have no idea how to get that stupid first thing off....What kind of tool do you use?

·
Registered
671 Posts
mckenzie - here is a shot that i just took of how i got that nut off. i am sorry that it is so blurry, but the lighting was weird... basically, i was *very* careful, squeezed as tightly as i could, and untwisted. to get it back on, i just did the reverse. let me know if you need any more help...

wally

Attachments

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I am gettin' sick of this cold too.... and if it does not warm up, I think the legend is going to rebel and stay put..... poor thing, cannot even give it a good wash and look at a clean car for a whole day:( :rolleyes:

Anyways, Wally, thanx for the pic... but it looks like your nut has four slots?? I only remember seeing two on both of mine... I wonder if it is different??

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Mckenzie91 said:

Anyways, Wally, thanx for the pic... but it looks like your nut has four slots?? I only remember seeing two on both of mine... I wonder if it is different??
It should be the same. Mine has four slots too, but if you have only two, it should come off the same way anyway.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've got 2 Legends. I have replaced the masks on both. Ones got 2 slots the other 4. They come off the same way.

Acura sells a tool to get the nut off but you don't need it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Antenna...

yup....I just did mine. The mast was ok, but the nylon gear strip was busted. The dealer here had them for about 58 bucks. The install was easy if you have just a little common sense, some metric sockets, a phillips screw driver, and the aforementioned needlenose pliers. I did the whole thing by myself, including turning the key on and off. (no, I don't have ape arms!) ;)

You have to pull the whole motor out, but it is easy.

·
dealer-opted track pack
3,442 Posts
For removal, power the antenna up so that it's extended all the way,
unplug it and rip out the old mast.

To install the new one, line up the new mast teeth in the base track,
then plug the antenna back in and turn off your stereo.
The base should grab the mast's teeth and pull the antenna back in!

Good Luck,
Keith

1 - 20 of 26 Posts