1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Go grab your bottle today
308 Posts
from what ive heard you want to stay away from the cross drilled rotors because they have a tendancy to crack or spider and then you have a toast rotor. your best bet from ebay would be a slotted rotor setup at least thats what ive found to be better and thats what im personally looking for

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah neways I didn't realize that it was only the fronts..back to looking lol

·
I want K-Sports..
1,427 Posts
im going for the slotted/dimpled.. Wanna see if we can get a price break if we get 3 or so people on board?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im going for the slotted/dimpled.. Wanna see if we can get a price break if we get 3 or so people on board?
Sure, lets see what the price is..whats the slotted/dimpled look like?

·
Dont Catch
4,530 Posts
dimple/slotted if you want the looks of cross-drilled/slotted but without the problems that you might face.

i was thinking about it once but i think its actually the most useless one out of all the choices that you have.

with a dimpled rotor... you dont gain the performance benefits that a cross-drilled rotor may have. (for the x-drilled haters save the arguement for later this is hypothetically speaking) and you lose surface area...

so basically you gain nothing.... lose surface area.... and all for looks.

with something crucial as brakes.... definitely function over form first and foremost.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What about just slotted? Anyone have problems with those?

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Slotted rotors increase pad wear as they shave off a very small amount of the pad material everytime you apply the brakes. For best performance, I would recommend good quality blanks and premium ceramic pads. BTW Wagner rotors ($75 ea) are also sold under Abeco/Stopmaster brand ($20ea). Most rotors sold at auto part stores come from the same source, with a few exceptions (Brembo for example).

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's not so much performance as looks..I don't do street x or anything soo...whats the best rotor set up for daily driver with looks.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
i have cross drilled and slotted from ebay for like over a year now, and no one drives harder than me.. Get them with ceramic break pads.

ceramic pads might run u a bit high on price.

if you just a daily driver, keep the rotors and pads your car comes with. thats just my opinion

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah but I'm tired of the rusted look. I'm getting new rims soon and want that zinc plating.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.