Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the overheads are a 74 bulb. You need to pull the cluster to get at 'em.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the 4 led one on my parking light and it looks good. Not sure how it would look behind the dash though. Another member commented that the light might not spread out enough. I'm sure someone will try it and post results.:cool:

·
Registered
299 Posts
When I get a bit more daring, I'd like to replace the greenish color of my instruments at night to an audiesqe red... Wouldn't have the first idea on how to accomplish this though.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Rusky said:
I have the 4 led one on my parking light and it looks good. Not sure how it would look behind the dash though. Another member commented that the light might not spread out enough. I'm sure someone will try it and post results.:cool:
hEY RUSKY..

Are you talking about the 2-front corner lites ??

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yep, on the corner lights. When I looked at em last night, compared to a filament bulb, it gives a more precise light. What I mean is when you look at it, it looks brighter, but the origin of the light is a smaller dot. It's kinda hard to explain.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dont think they would look good in the dash. The dash lighting relies on incidental light, like the light that comes off a incadescent lamp, from all directions. These LED lamps, although they seem to have a wide beam pattern, probably would not work well for lighting a instrument cluster.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think what Rusky said is true about the how it doesn't give a spread out beam. i have red LED lights in my tail signals. If i look at them from its height (say ride height), they are real nice, but if i look at them from an angle or standing up beside the car, its brightness fades especially during day time. I dunno about the corner lights though.

G

·
Is 198 the # for the corner bulbs? Corner bulbs meaning clear corners w/ the headlights?

What is the # for the bumper bulbs?

·
Registered
424 Posts
1157 for the bumper & 194 or 168 for the corners & interior www.sylvania.com

Latin.....................

1 - 13 of 13 Posts