Acura Legend Forum banner

Anyone using Bosch +4's?

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Eric F 
#1 · (Edited)
Anyone using Bosch +4's? Was wondering if they really helped at all...

they are 4 prong spark plugs for anyone wondering

#2 ·
I haven't really heard all that many great things about the Bosch +4's in Acuras. I use Muhan No Gap Spark Plugs (2nd Generation prototype). This plugs are nice. gives off 3 huge sparks and no side electrode to get in the way. Maybe I can get a Group Buy going for these??? Obviously when the 2nd Gen's are good and done, but these spark plugs are nice. I've noticed throttle responce is much better with the no gaps. But then, anyway, I don't think the +4's would really yeld anything in the way of more performance vs. NGK or Denso.

#3 ·
I trired them on mine a while ago, I thought I felt a little more power at the time, but it's probably just phychological. I doubt they are any better then regular spark plugs.

#4 ·
I have them now

Its been more than six months! My car feels great and all but I will go back and test the other regular brand to see the difference. I heard the run the engine HOT!

#5 ·
Plugs with multiple electrodes are pure BS IMO.

Electricity takes the easiest path to ground. Why would it violate the laws of physics and jump a gap between all four ground electrodes at once?

Just stick with regular old copper core NGK's and you'll be fine.

#7 ·
slugman said:
You could use multiple spark plugs. Hehe. With a bit of work of course...
The late 80's 4 cylinder Mustangs used 2 sparkplugs in each cylinder. Supposed to make it get better fuel economy or something. It's the stupidest design I've ever seen.

#9 ·
I actually got brand new Bosch platniums and switched them for the copper NGK splitfires. NGKs are designed for imports and are very reasonable in price. I've noticed much smoother idle and more responsive power with these. I think spark plugs are a lot better mod than exhaust or intake. More cost efficient IMO.
That sounds kinda crazy- two spark plugs. Do you get more power that way or just better fuel economy? I would think that since more of the fuel is being exposed, more of it will be burned.

#11 ·
As for the 2 spark plugs in cylinder

I first saw that in an Nissan Stanza If I can recall properly. I 1st thought it was a v8 or something but nope.

If that was the case, More air in the intake would be helpful!

#14 ·
I'm not completely sure about what the theory is behind 2 spark plugs per cylinder. They don't fire at the same time. I think the extra set of plugs fires when the exhaust valves open to clean out the leftover fuel that the first explosion didn't take care of. I'm not sure on this though, maybe someone else can shed some light on this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.