Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
9,369 Posts
nasriaz said:
After following the DIY, I got the bleeder bolt off the top by turning it towards the driver side, now which way do I turn the anchor bolt? same direction or opposite. Clockwise or counter? What is my deal with stuck bolts today.
LOL! One thing is that you are suppose to use a Bango wrench of fuel lines. They have bango nuts. I have managed with wregular wrenches before, but if that thing is tight you will just destroy the nuts. Hit the auto part store. I believe it is the 10mm banjo. I bought a 3 wrench kit and I have never not had the right size.
Later!
Lee

· Registered
507 Posts
nasriaz said:
After following the DIY, I got the bleeder bolt off the top by turning it towards the driver side, now which way do I turn the anchor bolt? same direction or opposite. Clockwise or counter? What is my deal with stuck bolts today.
The bolt on the fuel pipe on the right (driver side)? counter clockwise to loosen. And that one is tough. You need a flare-nut wrench to prevent stripping the bolt.

May also need the breaker bar or a pipe (as in DIY) for some leverage.
Will be much easier if you have someone hold the filter with the crescent wrench.

· Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ndhduong said:
The bolt on the fuel pipe on the right (driver side)? counter clockwise to loosen. And that one is tough. You need a flare-nut wrench to prevent stripping the bolt.

Will be much easier if you have someone hold the filter with the crescent wrench.
No, the other bolt on the left. I got the top bleeder bolt off but cannot move the bango bolt underneath. Which way do I turn this? Any preference on tools?

· Registered
507 Posts
nasriaz said:
No, the other bolt on the left. I got the top bleeder bolt off but cannot move the bango bolt underneath. Which way do I turn this? Any preference on tools?
Similar. Counter clockwise, breaker bar, hold tight with crescent wrench.

FYI, that bolt is 20 ft-lb, the right one is 28 ft-lb (as tight as the oil drain plug :eek: )

· Registered
9,369 Posts
ndhduong said:

Maybe it was called flare nut. Let me look it up. That was a while ago I did this.

Yep it is the flare nut is on the fuel line, still a good tool to have. The banjo bolt does not need a special wrench. The flare nut does. Here is a scan. Let me know if you need a .pdf and I can email it to you.

Later!
Lee

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.