Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my front passenger seat is pulled forward so people can get in the back, the front just slides back and fourth and won't lock back in place unless it is pushed very hard all the way back. Has anyone had this problem in their coupe?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have that exact same problem with my passenger seat. I have tried playing around with the seat adjustment to no avail. I don't know where it is coming from or anything. It does become very annoying traveling down the road and hearing a rattling sound.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I know what ya talkin about. I kindly ask the person in the back to bring thier knees up to their chest, and for the love of God, no shoes on the seat, and push the seat back all the way to the end of the travel and adjust accordingling. The I tell the person in the back to relax and enjoy the severe lack of legroom back there. I was thinking it had something to do with the little memory button on the side, but never fooled with it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
TypeIICoupe said:
When my front passenger seat is pulled forward so people can get in the back, the front just slides back and fourth and won't lock back in place unless it is pushed very hard all the way back. Has anyone had this problem in their coupe?
So im not alone..
How the hell do we fix this? I was putting it off because i was going to put a power seat in there. but thats on hold.
Does anyone know how to fix this? Or is this just the way it is:confused:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Passenger Seat Memory

I had a 91 L Coupe. I believe the little memory button, when pushed, is supose to locate the seat back to the original posision when the seat back is returned.
Mine never worked and I had to resort to the drill everyone has already detailed.

·
Stiff Member
94 Posts
Ghost said:
The passenger seat has a memory button?????? Dayum! Lemme go look!

Ghost
Only the manual passenger seats, L models have memory buttons not the power passenger seats, LS models.

Which is odd coz you would expect it to be the other way round.
How does the memory button work on a manual seat??? Guess it is not manual after all :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
Oksy.......after looking for about an hour, and not finding anything, I come back and see that it doesn't apply to LS models. hahahaha Wasn't a total waste of time though. I found $.63 cents in change!:D :D

Now I wonder......If I happen to get a memory seat module from the drivers side of a another coupe, could I use that to make my passenger seat have memory too?

Ghost

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Ghost said:
Oksy.......after looking for about an hour, and not finding anything, I come back and see that it doesn't apply to LS models. hahahaha Wasn't a total waste of time though. I found $.63 cents in change!:D :D

Now I wonder......If I happen to get a memory seat module from the drivers side of a another coupe, could I use that to make my passenger seat have memory too?

Ghost
That memory seat button for the L passanger seat is used to set the back support angle. If you set the back rest possition to your liking, then press that button, the seat will automatically reset back to that possition everytime. This button doesn't return a relined seat. Try it yourself for those who have the L. Set the back seat possition. Then press the button. Then try and recline the seat forward. When you put the seat back, it should go to the possition you just set. Then you can try a totally different possition, and press the button again, and you will see it will reset to that new possition.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts