Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup i grounded the negitive, i pluged the 14 pin plug into the right socket (the green one next to the blue ) i hooked everything up according and no lights. I checked to see of current was at the light and there was no current. im going crazy . how do u know if your switch is bad??? would the green light go on if it was?

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
To find out if the switch was bad, I did a continuity test on the pins on the back of the switch, and noticed that turning the switch on and off did not make any difference. To fix it, I stripped the switch and bent the copper terminals to ensure a proper contact.

Did you plug it in at the connector behind the bumper, under the bumper signal lights?

Also, double check that you pluged into the right 2-pin connector at the fuse panel. If I remember correctly, there may be two similar ones.

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i did plug the wire in behind the bumper turn signal. How do i go about testing the the switch i have a volt meter how do i pybass the switch?? and the 1 pin from the harness witht the white wire i hooked up to the one i though was its match but it wasent in the same place as the instructions showed but i cant find any other open connectors??? **** this is a *****

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I don't know why so many people bother to pay so much money for OEM fogs.
OEM fogs are small, they have very limited light output, and they are of very poor quality. Most that came with the car when new don't work anymore, my didn't work when I bought my car, so I tore them off and threw them away. Even the new ones people buy now tend not to install properly. I know at least 3 people on the board who bought OEM fogs that don't work.

Save yourself time and money, buy a set of catz msx fog or driving lights. At least 3 times the light output of OEM and a lot easier to install, took me only 30mins. Only cost $150 off ebay. They're usually $250 retail.

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Roger said:
i did plug the wire in behind the bumper turn signal. How do i go about testing the the switch i have a volt meter how do i pybass the switch?? and the 1 pin from the harness witht the white wire i hooked up to the one i though was its match but it wasent in the same place as the instructions showed but i cant find any other open connectors??? **** this is a *****
To test the switch, simply unplug it from the harness and test continuity between each pin. If memory serves me, while looking at the back of the switch, the fog pins are the three on the far right.

Of the three pins, the one on the right and the one on the left should give you continuity regardless of switch position. The middle pin should give you no continuity when in the OFF position, and the opposite should be true when at the ON position.

There should be a second connector in the fuse panel. I too connected it to that one that wasn't where the instructions said it was, but decided to look further where it was supposed to be and finally found it.

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
did u connect one of the harness plugs to a connecter under the foot rest thingie becuase that is where the instructions say to connect one of the plugs and there is nothing there?? i found a connecter that matched the description wrapped in blue tape but wasent under the foot thing ?

ps when i click the switch i hear a click in the relay so i assume the switch works??

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Yeah, your switch doesn't sound to be bad.

Yes, I believe that i did finally find one under the foot rest.

I'm about to leave right now, but I'll check a little later and let you know.

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Can we get a pic. I have never seen the OEM foglights for the 93-95 Legend. I have them on my 92. I love them. Yeah the light out put wasn't that good, but some PIAA's took care of that. I think the plastic trim piece that makes the lights look like part of the car make all the difference. Just my opinion.
Later!
Lee

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.