Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they? Just realized it seems like I've never seen a G1 coupe or sedan with a solid color paint job....????????

·
Registered
541 Posts
really? wow..its seems like i have never seen a tu-tone colored coupe..much less a sedan! Well go here, and look in teh gallery.

http://www.geocities.com/g1legend/index.html

This site was done by mythical, a member on this site.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah, forgot I have seen some like that....I guess I really have never seen one that has the body colored side moldings though..

·
Registered
151 Posts
My 88 coupe came from the factory with the dark metalic grey color for 90% of the body, but the very bottom part of the car, all around was a lighter grey color. I had it painted to match the rest of the body, so I now have a true, one color Legend.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For what its worth, I have a 90 LS Sedan Legend and its all black, but I think they got a paint job on it...

I am going to spend a weekend putting candy coat, (well about a billion coats of wax)

:D :cool:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Painting G1 Mouldings

I'm in the process of a few minor upgrades to my Legend and wanted to know if anyone had experience painting the mouldings on their ride.

I have an 88 Sedan and yes, it is champagne/gold all around. However, the 88's have the black moulding all around (like all G1's) and the top surface of the bumper covers are black. I'm don't want to mess with the bumper covers, but I'd like to look into either painting myself or getting the moulding's painted to match the car color.

Anyone tried to do this? Any luck?

·
Registered
658 Posts
In the US, the coupes were all sold with the two tone. In Canada, however, they are all single tone.

csamos: As far as painting your mouldings, if you had a non-metallic color, I'd say go for it. However, metallic colors are very hard to match (especially the light metallics). A spray can would likely not match well. I would consult a body shop and see what it would cost.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts