Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I'm crazy but most likely stupid, but are intakes more than just mandrel bent 3" pipes with a port off to the side for vacuum hoses? I mean, maybe I'm just a cynic, but it seems to me these companies are charging an arm and a leg for these things. Is there something on the inside of these pipes that make them special?...PLEASE tell me so. DO NOT POINT ME TO PAST POST because I have spent a couple of hours reading through them. I'm just curious. :confused: HOLLA!

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
pYmpdaddi said:
Maybe I'm crazy but most likely stupid, but are intakes more than just mandrel bent 3" pipes with a port off to the side for vacuum hoses? I mean, maybe I'm just a cynic, but it seems to me these companies are charging an arm and a leg for these things. Is there something on the inside of these pipes that make them special?...PLEASE tell me so. DO NOT POINT ME TO PAST POST because I have spent a couple of hours reading through them. I'm just curious. :confused: HOLLA!
yup.
tho some are dipped in ceramic. some are plasticlike.

& alot of them have that nice lile CARB EQ number so you can drive with it on 'legally'

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whas up DOGG?!
I think I'm gonna get me a pipe bent to over that hole so I wont have attachments to do the 90degree down thing and just get a good filter. Where's a good inexpensive place to get a filter?

AND NO, I'M STILL NOT RACING :) !

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
you can get em from pep boys for like $20

The guy i bought my intake from thinks he has a new one around somewhere & it'd be about 15-20.

it'd be the exact one like the one on my car

·
Registered
109 Posts
pYmpdaddi said:
Whas up DOGG?!
I think I'm gonna get me a pipe bent to over that hole so I wont have attachments to do the 90degree down thing and just get a good filter. Where's a good inexpensive place to get a filter?

AND NO, I'M STILL NOT RACING :) !
cmon now, come over to the darkside and get NOS like Ricdogg haha

theres an extra special Black 2001 Formula Firebird that drives to my school everyday that would love to see a NOS'd G2 :D

Besides, it'll help you out when you're in the CHP if you have a 13-14 second 4 door that you've been practicing in lol

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
past_acura_owner said:

cmon now, come over to the darkside and get NOS like Ricdogg haha

theres an extra special Black 2001 Formula Firebird that drives to my school everyday that would love to see a NOS'd G2 :D

Besides, it'll help you out when you're in the CHP if you have a 13-14 second 4 door that you've been practicing in lol
I'll be like Luke and cut my hand off first... yeah that might be kind of cool to have the mechanical one :D ! I hope I get in, that'll be one less copper giving out tickets to Legend owners :cool: !

·
Registered
109 Posts
pYmpdaddi said:

I'll be like Luke and cut my hand off first... yeah that might be kind of cool to have the mechanical one :D ! I hope I get in, that'll be one less copper giving out tickets to Legend owners :cool: !
we'll talk you into it, Im working on talking your dad into an ATI charger for his Formula too :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
RICDOGG said:

Weapon R...*cough*RIPOFF*cough*
I agree, why pay over $100 when you can get a K&N cone filter for like $15-$20 and make your own intake pipe (and yes I can get my hands on mandrel bent pipe)

unless of course you guys like your lil painted spiffy lookin stuff instead of the more economical functional stuff ;)

·
Registered
296 Posts
past_acura_owner said:

I agree, why pay over $100 when you can get a K&N cone filter for like $15-$20 and make your own intake pipe (and yes I can get my hands on mandrel bent pipe)

unless of course you guys like your lil painted spiffy lookin stuff instead of the more economical functional stuff ;)
Man, I am down for the el-cheapo way too. I could always buy some high temp silver or chrome paint and spray paint a nice shiny coat on it. You could make a few dollas selling that mandrel pipe and directing everyone to which filter to purchase. I just might be the first to say...........make me one and name your price!:D :D

Ghost

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ghost said:

Man, I am down for the el-cheapo way too. I could always buy some high temp silver or chrome paint and spray paint a nice shiny coat on it. You could make a few dollas selling that mandrel pipe and directing everyone to which filter to purchase. I just might be the first to say...........make me one and name your price!:D :D

Ghost
Ricdogg and I have the same hookups and since he has more of the Legend know how let him know what you want (bends, length and the such) and I'll get the order from him to supply the hardware

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.