Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 100.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the G2 1991 through 1995 JDM 1 Peice headlights for the Legend Sedan and Coupe made out of Plastic (1) or Glass (2)

Please post responses

Regards, James S.

·
Registered
802 Posts
plastic

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Re: Actually... EDM's headlights are

MikeC said:
made out of glass.

Mike
6 sokudo
You sure about that? For the G2's? I thought only G1's...?

G

·
0 Posts
Damn!!! Glass, that would suck.... one of my neighbors has been selling cars for a long time, occasionally he brings home some hella nice cars that he selling. Anyways, this one day I see him coming the opposite direction as me (we both live up the same street), so he waves from about 200 feet away cause he recognized me, but I couldn't tell who it was, but after I thought about it for a millisecond I was like, nice SLK Mercedes (it was the high end $90k model). I was like oh it's (my neighbor), so as I get closer I see that he has a big grin on his face. BTW, I'm 17 (16 then) and he's like 45. So he has this big grin on his face and I was like, "oh it's on", next thing I know we both floor our cars coming right at eachother and he comes flying right around the corner (you should have seen that mercedes grip), and I slide around the corner as we fly up the hill. So I pulled into his driveway to say hi and checkout the sweet ride.... you probably had to be there to see how cool it was both of us just at the same time come flying into the street.

Anyways, the real point of the story about the glass, headlights... I was scoping out the car (the nicer model SLK's have glass headlights) and I was like WTF!!!!! there was like a hole about 1" in diameter in the left headlight. Now that's why glass would suck for headlights. He said that he was driving about 140 on the freeway a bit before weaving in and out of traffic and some car that he got close to must have kicked a rock up... ouch!!! It sucked, I bet those healdights cost a fortune.

You guys should check one of the nicer SLK's out someday if you ever get a chance. They really are beautiful machines.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
Damn!!! Glass, that would suck.... one of my neighbors has been selling cars for a long time, occasionally he brings home some hella nice cars that he selling. Anyways, this one day I see him coming the opposite direction as me (we both live up the same street), so he waves from about 200 feet away cause he recognized me, but I couldn't tell who it was, but after I thought about it for a millisecond I was like, nice SLK Mercedes (it was the high end $90k model). I was like oh it's (my neighbor), so as I get closer I see that he has a big grin on his face. BTW, I'm 17 (16 then) and he's like 45. So he has this big grin on his face and I was like, "oh it's on", next thing I know we both floor our cars coming right at eachother and he comes flying right around the corner (you should have seen that mercedes grip), and I slide around the corner as we fly up the hill. So I pulled into his driveway to say hi and checkout the sweet ride.... you probably had to be there to see how cool it was both of us just at the same time come flying into the street.

Anyways, the real point of the story about the glass, headlights... I was scoping out the car (the nicer model SLK's have glass headlights) and I was like WTF!!!!! there was like a hole about 1" in diameter in the left headlight. Now that's why glass would suck for headlights. He said that he was driving about 140 on the freeway a bit before weaving in and out of traffic and some car that he got close to must have kicked a rock up... ouch!!! It sucked, I bet those healdights cost a fortune.

You guys should check one of the nicer SLK's out someday if you ever get a chance. They really are beautiful machines.
Wow Aaron!! You took a long time to get to the point..haha:D :D

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
MikeC said:
Yes I'm pretty sure... since I have a set of EDM headlights and corner lights on my G2 with HID's. Check out the Legend Temple

http://www.inexpro.com/legend_temple/

1994 Legend Coupe under Mike Cruz

Mike
6 sokudo
Hmm, interesting that they used so many differnt materials for each region. Hey Mike, is the outer glass part of the diffuser, or is that part smooth, and uses an inner diffuer? By the way, I sent you some pictures and an email. Just wondering if you got it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts