Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have A 1990 Acura Legend LS automatic coupe 2.7 litre car. And was just wondering if replacing the transmission with another one would be something I could do. I took apart my tranny on my old 93 nissan sentra, so I kinda know what I am doing.

Any input is greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
As long as there are no left over nuts and bolts.

·
Registered
583 Posts
ReeferRacer said:
I have A 1990 Acura Legend LS automatic coupe 2.7 litre car. And was just wondering if replacing the transmission with another one would be something I could do. I took apart my tranny on my old 93 nissan sentra, so I kinda know what I am doing.

Any input is greatly appreciated :)
Ohh, where to start....

What are you replacing it with? I imigine that a Chevy Turbo 400 would be a very difficult replacement for it... (I know, another stock one... :D)

"I took apart my tranny on my old 93 nissan sentra, so I kinda know what I am doing. "
Yeah, but the BIG question is: Did you put it back together? :D

Finally, NEVER OFFER THIS BUNCH : "Any input is greatly appreciated"
Hheeheh, ANY is a big word....:D

now the funs over... If you have done sim. work on sim. motor/trans, and things worked well, the answer is most probably YES YOU CAN!!!
In my many years of f'ing stuff up... um, I mean working on things, the main thing I've learned is not to doubt my abilities, nor overestimate them. I don't back down from doing new things, but I RESEARCH the fool out of them before hand.
Best of luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yah, ya got me, i didnt put it back together... I took it apart, but I could have put it back together. it seemed simple enough, but that nissan everything was easy, unlike the acura, everything is a bit more complex... better.

I have about 147k miles on it. I am going to get a couple things of that Z-max and do that to my car... supposedly that stuff really works, or so claims some of the older folks around these here parts.

But I havent decided. A guy says he can do it for me for no more than 900, but he rebuilds transmissions, whatever the problem, he just rebuilds them. so I dont know exactly whats the deal, but hopefully something will shine through

THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLIES! :):cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts