Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reason I ask that question is because the Legend I have now is like a 'tester' car because I plan to get a GS soon.
What I do now is add this and that to my 92 to see what I like and what I don't like. Somethings were a good investment, some not.
For example, OptiBLue headlights i got one has just blown so there went $30, and another thing is I was never supposed to use them anyways until a few days ago when ya'll said they were a bad idea. I am going with PIAA for lows and Phillips for highs. Regular intake was worthless cuz I hardly ever gun the hell out of it to matter, and so on.

What I am getting at is when that one great day when I get a GS, I would like to know what you, the family Legend, think of good investments that you have made for your Legend and also please tell what were some bad investments you did for your Legend, and when I mean good or bad, I'm talking about gauges, intakes, bady kits, engine work, headlights, bulbs, stereo, wheels and tires, etc.

PLease do tell because I would personally appreicate it adn I think so would others as well when considering these future investments.

thanks, I know its long but I think this Thread is needed for use all.
:):confused:

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
I am happy with all of my mods.
The only thing I regret is I paid $200 for my Weapon R intake and could have gotten one from IMPORT TOYS that was Legend Specific for $85. Either way, I am glad I bought it....

BEST MODS

Drilled/Slotted Rotors and AEM pads
Hi performance tires/+ size wheel upgrade
Suspension upgrade _____ + Koni's
Intake/Exhaust
Chip (when done right)
Headers (hopefully this summer)
SC (whenever possible)

·
Registered
847 Posts
Goods

1. Cold Air Intake
2. All Brake upgrades
3. HID
4. Denso Iridium (improved mid range torque, high end is too hard to tell without really being dynoed)
5. MLS Strut Bar
6. Volvaline Max Life Motor Oil:D
7. Zaino :D :D :D :D :D

Bads

1. 18" wheel (though it looks good, you will have to drive carefully and it really slows down the car)
2. Reverse Indiglo Gauges

·
Registered
847 Posts
because they look GAY at night, lol~~~

I like the way they look during the day, but in order to get the indiglos look "real" and "deep" blue&red, you'll have to turn the contract all the way up and brightness all the way down. By doing that, it also interferes with the AM/FM radio reception~ Funny stuff:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In a way I see your point, I like mine, but the red and blue should have been darker, oh well like I said in my thread about the good and bads, if you don't like what you've done now don't do it to another Legend( if one prefers to another one);)

·
Junior Mint
629 Posts
This sounds like a thread called the DOs and DON'Ts for mods on the accordv6 forum

For the legend, here's what I think:

Good:

CAI
Stage II chip (no prob for me)
MLS Strut bar
6K HID, Philips ballasts
Koni/H&R
resonably lightweight 17" rims with pirelli P7000 tires

So SO:

RM Racing exhaust (see other post)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Best for me...

Definately do! (and price)

1) Custom Home Made CAI $70
2) Phillips Bluvision 9005 in Low Beams $25
3) Mesh Grill $5
4) Red Painted Tails $5
5) Headlight Sanding (re-finishing) $12
6) Rubber undercoating (sound deadening) for wheel wells $9

An obsession to keep my mind off work and school.... Priceless ;P

-Ben

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
These are all my "Must Do's" that I have done:
1 - Brembo Cross-Drilled/Slotted Rotors for Front/Rear with carbon fiber brake pades
2 - Remus or GReddy Exhaust
3 - Stage II chip [no probs on my end]
4 - 1 piece w/HID's :D
5 - 50% tint to keep that interior cool and leather looking good, and also to deter looky-loo thieves [see # 5]
6 - Alarm system - get one with a starter kill, hidden backup battery just in case a thief disables your main battery, a hood lock, the club[i know, i know], the brake club, etc. The harder you make it for someone to steal your legend, the more of a chance you have.
7 - Koni's and Ground Controls - you can't beat the adjustability of this setup. I have traveled all over the eastern seaboard with that setup and the ride was, I wouldnt say near stock, but it is smooth once you get everything adjusted just right.
8 - 17's or 18's. i have 3 piece 18's and I'll say, Im not a race car driver so it doesnt matter to me that my car has so-called become slower because of them.

My dont's:
Umm, I dont have any.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
THanks for hte replies, they sound great.
To note is there anything that you regre adding or do not recommend?
thansk

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
92Legendary_L said:
THanks for hte replies, they sound great.
To note is there anything that you regre adding or do not recommend?
thansk
Oh, there is one thing that I regret.
Those damn OEM foglights. The instructions were completely vague. I even had a friend of mine at the local stereo shop [who's an electrical genious] attempt to get them to work.
To this day they still arent working.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My only thing would be not to settle for crap. By top shelf stuff like don't settle for the Brembos w/o the CAD plating just cause you want them... and don't buy that K&N Intake on e-bay just because it 25$.... I made all my mistakes on my 97 TL that go toataled right after all my mistakes were made....

"RICE" Muffler -125$ Loud as hell but did improve preformance.
"Indiglo's for Accord Modified to fit the TL- REALLY SUCKED 60$
OEM Wood Kit and Shifter-Best inversment!
16 OEM Chrome-Best investment...
Sound system-Now found in my L Coupe Good Investment.
Clear bumpers Looked great, but Blue bulbs (sucked)

For my Coupe Now I'll buy nothing but the best!
On the way:
Konis
HR's
Clear Bumper & Bulbs (not blue)
No Clear Corners (I want JDM 1-Peice and will not settle for less)
Rims 18' Forged Enkei (18 lbs each)
Dunlop W10's (might not be such a good investment but we will see)
More to come.... And Pics Soon.:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.