Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Transmission. Need I say more. Shifting like crap. If I get into the revs, it hangs about 6k rpm, and takes about 3 seconds before it shifts, especially going into third. Luckily I am only at 86k miles, so I can get a new one under warranty. Still irritating to have to put it in the shop. Time for me to get rid of this car. M5 here I come.

·
I'van der Rohe
13,069 Posts
Transmission. Need I say more. Shifting like crap. If I get into the revs, it hangs about 6k rpm, and takes about 3 seconds before it shifts, especially going into third. Luckily I am only at 86k miles, so I can get a new one under warranty. Still irritating to have to put it in the shop. Time for me to get rid of this car. M5 here I come.
told you about that damn TL :lol:

jk

Hope everything works out for you.

Be careful out there before you get it put in the shop. Also, have them install an auxiliary trans cooler.

·
Blackend Motorsports
4,239 Posts
Transmission. Need I say more. Shifting like crap. If I get into the revs, it hangs about 6k rpm, and takes about 3 seconds before it shifts, especially going into third. Luckily I am only at 86k miles, so I can get a new one under warranty. Still irritating to have to put it in the shop. Time for me to get rid of this car. Legend GS here I come.
Fixed. :)

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
hey get it into the shop asap and be careful. i remember when my transmission failed. i was actually on my way to the acura dealership (1 hour away from my house when i lived in michigan) when all of a sudden my car jerked and all the lights on the dash lit up. i was in the middle of overtaking someone and almost got into an accident because of it.

·
because i can.
10,426 Posts
Yeah I say you get the new tranny under warranty and then advertise it on craigslist as a great running car with a "fresh transmission"...that seems to be par for the course with the 2nd gen TLs on the market today...

Good luck with whatever you decide to go with...

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
I will never forget the day I had Acura install new belt buckles in my 1988 Coupe. I met a guy in the waiting room who had a TL-S. I noticed he was upset, so I asked him what was up. He said the dealer just told him his transmission had gone bad. His car had over 60,000 on the ODO and the dealer had never changed the transmission fluid. I handed him a card for Velocity, told him about the famous TL Auto, and saw him walk back into the dealership yelling!

·
Banned
2,475 Posts
Atleast the M5 is worth the headache. Plus I've never heard of an M5 giving you the oh so fun trans issues. my .02

But I still love the Legends/RLs, and NSXs.
:rofl: :rofl: no no...the M5 gives you other problems...like walking into the dealer for "normal maintenance" and walking out with a $8k bill

·
Find Em Fuck Em Forget Em
946 Posts
So...the old man's 02 BMW 5 series:

all displays have dead pixels
ABS light magically comes on and off but doesn't throw a code
rear hatch auto-close works right 'some' of the time
the trip computer claims '49' mpg average
homelink is dead

So would I say that electrical problems stopped after 01? :dunno:

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So...the old man's 02 BMW 5 series:

all displays have dead pixels
ABS light magically comes on and off but doesn't throw a code
rear hatch auto-close works right 'some' of the time
the trip computer claims '49' mpg average
homelink is dead

So would I say that electrical problems stopped after 01? :dunno:
There have been very few electrical issues reported with the 02 and 03 M5s. Before that, all the 5 series had issues, but the Ms always seem to have a little better quality.

Anyway, the M is worth the headaches im my opinion. It will have some issues like every car, but when I have driven them, I have enjoyed every second of it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.