Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm doing a little prep on my car for the paint shop. Pulled off the wheel well trim and discovered some moderate rust on the lip of the rear passenger. Oh well, caught it before it got really advanced.:mad:

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Fortunately, the only place I've been getting rust is under the rear spoiler and the passanger side windshield cowl pieve. I've already fixed the rust under the spoiler legs, and I have already bought a new cowl piece to replace the rusted one in front of the passanger side windshield.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
G Rahn said:
I notice that most of the posts about rust are from members on the East Coast. I've always heard about them salting the roads back there in the winter, and there is a very limited amt. of that going on here on the west coast. I guess that's a factor.
And Hawaii is pretty salty- somehow my Civic sits over there year after year and doesn't show any rust signs, and it's always parked about 100 feet from the ocean. Just lucky I guess.:cool:
I guess you've never seen the amount of salt they throw down at any one time during a NY snowstorm! :eek: I'm talking layers upon layers!
It will definately make you think twice about driving any car other than a beater in the winter.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
acuralegend.com said:

I guess you've never seen the amount of salt they throw down at any one time during a NY snowstorm! :eek: I'm talking layers upon layers!
It will definately make you think twice about driving any car other than a beater in the winter.
You got that right Darren. So much salt that you'd think it were an ocean or something.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
acuralegend.com said:

Jose and rust go together like Ham and Burger. heh
Dude, Dont front,
I'm the only G1 owner w/ a built in keychain holder in my left front fender. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.