Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey does this kit look like all the parts are included?

It's a Phillips H.I.D kit 9006 6000K... How are these 6000K kits? Anyone running the philips or a 6000K H.I.D system. Also the bulbs in the pic don't look like the bulbs that come w/ the Phillips H.I.D kit...

Give me some feedback.:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah he wants $388 for it... So it 's just the bulbs that suck on that kit or the Balistics also?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
jose3030 said:
autolamps or bust.

dont go for the crap.
you'll kick yourself in the butt later.
a lot of people think autolamps is the best. i know that there are better kits out there. just not as well known. we're working on a group buy for HID's that are not autolamps. the dealer claims they are better and their customers swears it's better. we're getting a sample sometime next week. i'll post pics of the comparison of the two.

Thai.95LCoupe, i wouldn't say any of the parts suck. just know that they are all copies of the real thing. sometimes copies are just as good and sometimes not. just beware. 388 is a good price. i'f u'r not gonna buy em, send me the info so i can buy em to do the comparison. thanx.

-j

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Go to search on e-bay and type in phillips hid . You will see the auction listed there. thanks.

·
Junior Mint
629 Posts
aiznpride said:

Thai.95LCoupe, i wouldn't say any of the parts suck. just know that they are all copies of the real thing. sometimes copies are just as good and sometimes not. just beware. 388 is a good price. i'f u'r not gonna buy em, send me the info so i can buy em to do the comparison. thanx.

-j
The bulbs are definitely copies, but are you saying that the ballasts also are copies?

The kit looks like mine, except my bulbs were beam corrected. To answer the original question, yes, it does have everything you would need to set things up.

Keep in mind, with bulb copies, even though they say they are 6000K, not all are going to look the same. Mine looks blue, but most 6000K bulbs tend to be purple.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
E K said:

The bulbs are definitely copies, but are you saying that the ballasts also are copies?

The kit looks like mine, except my bulbs were beam corrected. To answer the original question, yes, it does have everything you would need to set things up.

Keep in mind, with bulb copies, even though they say they are 6000K, not all are going to look the same. Mine looks blue, but most 6000K bulbs tend to be purple.
the ballasts might be copies as well. all they do is photo copy the philips lable on the ballast. the label on copies tend be slightly blurry. plus, doesn't the real philips ballasts come with a mounting kit where you can slide the ballast into the mounts? i don't see the mounts in the pic.

-j

·
Junior Mint
629 Posts
I'm fiarly certain that the Philips ballasts that people got in the very first groupbuy from autolamps did not come with the mounting system you described. I could be wrong though.

My ballasts did not come with mounts. The label is definitely not a photocopy, though.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
like i said, i'm not sure if it did. but i know that the copies will have a label that blurry. like a bad photocopy job. also, i heard the even though the kits are from taiwan, they usually import the ballast from germany.
IMO, copies or not, if it works, i wouldn't worry about it.

-j

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Those are REAL Phillips parts, Phillips distribute their hardware to other companies.

I've seen these kits before, the packaging might be different, but the ballast and the bulbs says Phillips on them.

E-mail the seller to comfirm.

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
hey 91BullDog, do u get high beamed on the street? that looks like a real nice beam pattern, lights up the road real well, but is it too bright for oncoming traffic?

·
Registered
616 Posts
several times i was driving behind my friend in his 3 series with his factory xenons.. he told me it was really bright but it wasnt in his eyes.... The other day i drove up to a TL type s at the light. We both had our xenons on. MY headlights looked like it was bright then his.

·
Registered
847 Posts
well really have to make sure that things were made by phillips... Phillips ballast will cut power in 1 sec. if the car has a serious enough collision and the bulbs are quarts instead of glass.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
6000K phillips are one of the best to get so far. Phillips hasn't even gotten around to making 7000k or 8000k ballasts yet. check out the forums at www.philips.com. OSRAM ballasts and HELLA ballasts are good too.

THis new company called K2, I'm not sure about them, but the results so far have been good. It's only been a couple months, but I would give it a couple more months for more results.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
legendarith said:

THis new company called K2, I'm not sure about them, but the results so far have been good. It's only been a couple months, but I would give it a couple more months for more results.
Yeah I saw them on ebay.... They look good as hell... By the time I get the $$$ together it should be enought time to let the problems arise if any..:)

But they looked VERY good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts