Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What made you choosethee coupe over the sedan?
Was it the automatic doors?
Or the rear windows rolling down?
Or the aggressive stance?
Or just stumbled on it?
Or you said "I will not stop until I find a coupe"?

I searched high and low for my coupe....now when th e guy I bought it from sees it, he offers to buy it back

·
Registered
744 Posts
While I do enjoy the automatic doors, the rear windows that roll down, and the aggressive stance... for me it was more like the 6 speed and the fact that I have no children.

KNLNGUS

·
Registered
47 Posts
I too admire the stance of the coupe, hell, I'm just a coupe man. I have an Accord coupe as well. I enjoy the status of a couple as well. It assist in validating my comments "no child seat allowed" and "sorry, but this car is a 2 seater." All though, I have put 3 slim chics back there and rolled the rear windows down on them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
In my case it was quite simple:
1) I like coupes and don't have a use for the 2 extra doors
2) I wanted a 6 speed.

Other than that, I looked for an LS but it wasn't that important. Also, color was unimportant as you can't be too picky when shearching for a used car.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Right now I own a 91'L Sedan. But everytime, I see a G2 coupe, my heart goes for it!!

Someday, I'll get a coupe. I like the aggressive stance and the overall body styling!!! It's just mindblowing and nothing comes close!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I was driving a 88 Legend L Sedan when I first saw the G2 Coupe at the LA Auto Show years ago. I knew I was in love with the new Legend 2-door. It would be the car I would design if I could- every detail inside and out was perfect in my opinion.
It is the style and stance of the car that I feel is most impressive.
I was again at the LA Auto Show in January, and after looking over all the current models, I would find it very difficult to consider driving any other car. After all, how may other cars still turn heads after 6-10 years! Need I say more!
Mark C
93 LS Coupe

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I'm single and have no kids....so what would i need a sedan for, Plus the coupe looks ALOT better:D i'll always be a coupe or sports car guy, I've already got my EyEs on an 2001M3:D

G

·
Pop ya collar...

Kumiko95L said:
I too admire the stance of the coupe, hell, I'm just a coupe man. I have an Accord coupe as well. I enjoy the status of a couple as well. It assist in validating my comments "no child seat allowed" and "sorry, but this car is a 2 seater." All though, I have put 3 slim chics back there and rolled the rear windows down on them.
Pimp!

G

·
G2Coupe

Totaled my TL and was looking for a car wanted another TL but saw the Legend Coupe... Always wanted a Legend since I was 15.. It was red and 2 door.. Copped it!:D

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I have a G1 Coupe and G2 Sedan.

I like the G1 Coupe because:
It's nicer styling over the G1 Sedan
Superb Handling
Steering Wheel feel is better than the G2 in my opinion
Zippy car that feels you can take it anywhere

I like the G2 Sedan because:
Stronger Engine
Aesthetic Styling
Good Suspension
Very comfortable
Beautiful Car

I would choose a 6-speed coupe TypeII, well because, it's 6SPEED, and it's agressive styling. I plan to have one in maybe 2 years =)

The reason I didn't look for a Coupe when I got the GS Sedan was, I need an automatic right now, no one else knows how to drive Stick in the family. I didn't want to get an Automatic coupe. When I do get a coupe, I hope it to will be a 6-speed TypeII 94-95 Coupe LS. Anyway, after I pay off the GS, I'll give it to my parents, as a gift. If all goes as planned the family will have the following cars:

-1994-95 6-Speed Coupe LS
-1994 Acura Legend GS Sedan (Auto)
-1990 Acura Legend Coupe L (Auto)

On a different note, if you've never driven a G1 coupe, I suggest you take one out for a spin one day, it's a very nice car, I still love to drive it.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
LeGeNdZ_4_LiFe said:
What made you choosethee coupe over the sedan?
Was it the automatic doors?
Or the rear windows rolling down?
Or the aggressive stance?
Or just stumbled on it?
Or you said "I will not stop until I find a coupe"?

I searched high and low for my coupe....now when th e guy I bought it from sees it, he offers to buy it back
Well, I've had the luxury of having a base legend G1 coupe and also an LS 6speed G2 coupe.

All I can say is, I'm glad I had the base legend g1 coupe. The cloth and the lack of ABS was a plus, since both of those seem to be problem spots for the G1's.. My sister owned the G1 before me, and never really took care of it, but I knew that if I took care of that car, that it would take care of me, and IT HAS. It really has. (up til I bought the G2)..

The G2 feels good, but I kinda feel what FutureX2001 says. The G1 just feels more "zippy", even in an automatic tranny. I *KNOW* the G2 is WAY faster, but I drive like a grandma anyways, so I more or less take it easy.

The G1 styling is Legendary.
The G2 styling is Legendary.

My dream is to have hooked up G1 and G2 in my garage. Drive em wherever, whenever. The G1 I have now is automatic, I want a 5speed, eventually, for a G1. I already have my 6speed, so I'm all set.

-J

·
Stiff Member
94 Posts
Reasons for picking the G2 Coupe:
  • Exclusivity, Exclusivity, Exclusivity, I spot two G2 Coupes a month in my area and most of them have out of state plates
  • The aggrasive stance that no other coupe I know has. The slick lines, slim long headlights. Even the sc300 falls way short
  • Strictly two people, three is a crowd. I hardly ever have anyone on the back seat
  • Etc Etc... list is endless...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Gotta agree with the G1 steering feel even with the sedan I once owned.

Sort of stumbled upon the coupe looking for something for my kids to drive. A dealership in another part of the state had a Legend at a great price and I didn't find out it was a coupe until I ran the CarFax on it before I went to see it! My son who's driving it now says he get offers for it all the time - classic looks!

Speaking of classic looks, I used to own a car they quit making in '96 which still looks as fresh now as it did when it first came out - the Nissan 300ZX!

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
sportier look is the reason I choose the G2 Coupe.

·
Registered
89 Posts
i saw mine in a car shopper mag.........i am 17 years old so the coupe was a no brainer...... its sportier than the sedan so it suits me better........it truly is my pimp mobile

·
#108 of 144 pairs
134 Posts
I've been in love with the G2 coupe since 90-91 when i was in 7th grade... And two years ago i finally got one!

Back in the day it was truly the car to have if you were a baller, whether coupe or sedan. The Legend was mentioned among the ranks of Bimmers, Benz's and the like... especially in the ol'skool hip-hop songs that influenced me. I hear that in NY the cops still do a double-take 'cause it was one of the top whips for ballers to push.

Now that i'm a little older, i really appreciate the Coupe for its reliabilty, passing power, unique options, timeless agressive lines, and exclusivity. not to mention its propensity to turn heads even after 11 years.

I take its lack of aftermarket support as a challenge. It forces us to be more creative as we strive to upgrade and personalize our rides, expensive as it may be.

I made the decision to keep it for as long as time permits. And with the C32 being one of the most bulletproof engines honda ever constructed, that may be another 10 years of daily driving...

Dont doubt it, ive driven the sedan with 550,000 hard-driven city miles. Feels like a legend with 200k, still solid.

Good coupes aren't a dime-a-dozen... If you have one, take care of it and it can definitely give you years of reliable performance!

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
uroutfoxed02 said:
i saw mine in a car shopper mag.........i am 17 years old so the coupe was a no brainer...... its sportier than the sedan so it suits me better........it truly is my pimp mobile
Hey I'm 18 and I drive a GS Sedan ;)

·
Registered
744 Posts
Uh, 500k - DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEam, thats what I'm talking about. I say this.... If just feel all tickled pink, as I have performed myself, the timing belt, waterpump, drive belts, replaced the booster and mastercylinder, clutch and rear trans mount, just to name a few of the repairs - so with that in mind along with my routine upkeep of maintenance - I'd love to see my OD at 500k.

SHEEEEEEEEEEite, I'd be taking pictures of the od and everything, LMAO all the way.

KNLNGUS.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts