Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you have a look around for used KPH guage clusters? You mentioned that you wanted the Type I ... I (and others) want the Type II. If S/R is willing to pay shipping, everyone's a winner.

I'll have a look here in Canada, but I'm sure they're much easier to find in Japan

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
ScotcH said:
Can you have a look around for used KPH guage clusters? You mentioned that you wanted the Type I ... I (and others) want the Type II. If S/R is willing to pay shipping, everyone's a winner.

I'll have a look here in Canada, but I'm sure they're much easier to find in Japan
You might want to research this a little more because JDM cluster have a different layout than the North America cluster. The Odometer is not in the speedo, they're off on the side. And I believe they don't have a trip odometer.

Also the internals might be different too. Anyone who seen the indiglo gauges know that the gauges aren't just the circle part, they're actually square with some mounting spots on the outside. These mounting points might be different in a JDM cluster.

I think the fact that the JDM cluster doesn't have a odometer cutout in the speedo will make this not work. Because then S/R have to guess where that cutout is, and that's not a good thing. Too much room for error

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmmm ... good points. Another problem is the fact that the tach and speedo are probably swapped since the cluster is on the Right. D'oh! I guess I'll use my brain before my fingers next time ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.