Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold a CD changer to a guy on EBAY and he just sent me back an email saying that it does not work. I checked it before I sold it and it worked perfectly. I really feel bad for this guy.....

I need the link that tells you what the OEM Cd Changer error codes mean. He is getting an E-05. I think I remember LUVMYLEGEND or someone posting a link to a sight where it told you what the codes meant.

Can you please help me out as I need to get this sorted out.... THANX IF YOU CAN HELP.:)

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:rolleyes: I feel so bad about this..... They both worked and I tried them out at the same time just to make sure everything worked. I'm choked that it does not work...:(

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Some people have the manuals for the changer. Anyways I stole this off an old forum post from ChrisK. Doesn't have any real info on E-05

-------------------------------------------------

E-01 = Disc-Changer malfunction (Consult Acura dealer)

E-02 = Disc is in Changer mechnism (Press the eject button, and insert an empty magazine)

E-03, E-04, and E-05 = Disc-Changer malfunction (If the code disappears within a few seconds, unit is Okay. If it does not, consult your Acura dealer.

E-06 = Disc-Changer malfunction (Press the magainze eject button and pull out the magazine, check for error indication. Insert the magazine again. If the magazine can not be pulled out, consult your Acura dealer.

E-07 = CD Magazine eject impossible. (Press the magazine eject button. If the magazine does not eject, consult your Acura dealer.

-- - --H = High Temperature.

E-EE = Misconnection or disconnection of CD Changer

-- - -- -- = No CD magazne in the CD Changer.

Anyway, E-02 is the most common. Sometimes you will see E-01, but it still usually is NOT a malfunction, but a transport malfunction due to the dirty mechanism.

Both E-02, and E-01 are usually cured with a good cleaning.

On the CD changer, there are 2 dampanings. 1 is air filled, (maybe oil filled, but I doubt it) dampers, and the other is a spring. The spring needs to be in the correct possition for either vertical, or horizantal mounting. Make sure yours is in the correct possition, although I'm pretty sure it is being that it is an OEM changer. It is true, the chagner dampers and buffers have come a long way since then, but just from my perspectivem, I haven't had nearly any skipping problems with the OEM, or Alpine CD changer in the stock location. It very well could be you laser is very slightly misaligned, but within spec, and that is why is is just a bit more sensitive to bumps in the road.

-----------------------------------

1 - 9 of 9 Posts