Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a '94 L sedan with the non-premium cassette only BOSE system. my question is, is my deck a DIN-size or a DOUBLE-DIN, or what? i looked it up in the crutchfield catalog and it said DIN...........but to me it looks like DOUBE-DIN......................and also if it is DOUBLE-DIN, and i want to put in a DIN size then will it still work fine? will it look bad?

thanks

·
Registered
231 Posts
most people just drop in a DIN unit and leave the space underneath it, i personally don't like the look, i went with double-din and it looks great. tight fit and i got cds and tapes! not that i listen to tapes, but if i wanted to........:rolleyes:

·
Registered
449 Posts
that unit is basically a DIN and a half. You can fit a double DIN in there with some modification = creative.

That's a negative Legendz_4_Life, all of the legend ever made are DOUBLE DIN and I can prove that. my AVX-P7000CD is a full din, my DEQ9200 is a full din and they both fit just right into the opening. From what I remember I think most of the Honda/Acura are double din. Din and a half are what they put in the GM cars. A double din head unit would fit perfectly into our OEM opening.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am almost positive that it is a double din, due to the fact that i purchased a double din Clarion head unit and it installed just fine. There are pictures of double din head units available at the Legend Temple under galleries.

·
Registered
99 Posts
HurricaneLegend said:
well the opening is a actually a little bigger than double-din, you just need a little adaptor plate, which is usually included with the HU.
thats becuase it is double ISO-DIN. the mounting method (the ISO part) is different on Japanese cars vs us vs German. but yes, it is double-din sized, as are almost ALL honda/acura cars.

1 DIN is 2 inches in height, with approx 1/8 inch for the ISO mounting brackets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts