Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the electronic steering wheel adjustable thingy on my 94 sedan L doesn't seem to work right. i mean, i can adjust it still perfectly and all, but the auto feature doesnt seem to do what it's supposed to do. for the majority of the car life, it has been switched to off so i could do all the adjusting myself, but my manual tells me if i put it to auto on, then it will automatically retract whenever i pull out the key, and automatically go back to the original position when i put the key back in. it doesn't do this though. it stays in teh same position i leave it in, no matter what. i'm not sure if it's broken or what because it adjusts perfectly fine when i use the arrows. the manual also mentioned something about the steering wheel adjustment working with the seat memory too, is there something about seat memory that might disable the auto adjust on the steering wheel? how to i get it so that it retracts every time i pull out the key? sorry for the long post, just wondering how to get it to work.

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,753 Posts
i have the same prob...........but there was a thread on this recently search for it if u want............but i think one possible solution was to try and disconnect your cars battery for a while and then reconnect it to erase the memory...................also if u have aftermarket security system or remote start it may cause some probs with auto adjust.................sometimes if u disconnect battery and reconnect it and the memory has been erased.........it may start to work, but then stop working again when u do a remote start.............this is just what ive read, i dont know any of this from myself, and i still have to do this and try it out..............disconnect the battery and see if that fixes it...........i also have security system and remote start though..............

1 - 2 of 2 Posts