Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My OEM leather shift knob is worn up, so I am planning to get an aftermarket one. Lemme see what you got and don't forget to put the cost !!!

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I have a levoc auto shifter with a burlwood/chrome finish to it. It looks good and blends well. There is slight modification required to get it to fit, but it isn't too hard.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
infinite said:
I have a levoc auto shifter with a burlwood/chrome finish to it. It looks good and blends well. There is slight modification required to get it to fit, but it isn't too hard.

is that a push button on the top of the knob? how much does it cost? where to buy?

thanks

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
It is a push button at the top of the knob. I got it from napolex.com for $100. It is model LV-473 for the wood/chrome knob.

I believe it should fit G2 coupe auto tranny.

If you get it I can tell you what modification is required to make it fit.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
The Levoc looks nice. I noticed sometimes my shifter seems to get loose, and I have to keep taking off both screws, taking it off, then tightening the ones on the inside attached to the metal black piece... don't know why?? :confused:

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
cool shift knobs, LuvMyLegend, how easy was it to put that wood one on? i like it, it fits the interior.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
hey future x how did you get your ps2 like that? did you make a box for it of what? i want to make one this weekend but i dont know whre to start?

·
OG Member
1,498 Posts
Hey Infinite:
I have the same one, but I haven't found any nice chrome screws that will fit right....I have to adjust them from time to time. Where did you get your screws from?

·
Registered
424 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
The Levoc looks nice. I noticed sometimes my shifter seems to get loose, and I have to keep taking off both screws, taking it off, then tightening the ones on the inside attached to the metal black piece... don't know why?? :confused:
Ditto :(. When I bought my GS it was loose, I took it apart fixed it and it did it again :confused:

Latin................

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
there was no push button for the shifter in my coupe, I had the button held down permanently with a small round piece of metal I fitted into the hole. It holds the button down all the time. It was sort of a plasticky feel, but it always looked like it was supposed to be there.

Leon, I hope i win that auction tomorrow, otherwise I'm gonna look like a butthole. If so, you have first dibs on the carpet.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
DSCLegend94 said:
Hey Infinite:
I have the same one, but I haven't found any nice chrome screws that will fit right....I have to adjust them from time to time. Where did you get your screws from?
I am using the chrome looking screws that came with the shift knob. I never have a problem with having to adjust them, however I have noticed that my shift knob is getting loose, so I need to tighten the screws. However, I have had the knob on since last september and it has been great.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
DSCLegend94 said:
mine didn't come with the screws:( do you know where i could get them
Have you tried hardware stores? You should have gotten two screws with your shift knob. Maybe you could try the place where you bought the knob, but your best bet would be a hardware store.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts