Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend had a Green 95 LS TYPE II Coupe 6-Speed...
He wrecked it
So...he went out and bought a Green 95 L TYPE II Auto with less miles...
For $1,000 he got the 6-Speed and the ECU swapped...$1,000 for the full deal...
Think about it though...4.10 final drive in auto's and a 2.9? in the 6-Speed...He must Dip, nice drag final drive on a 6-speed, top speed is probably only 130 but think his 1/4 is probably like a 14.8 he has the RM racing NSX intake the non metal one and a custom dual exuast... DSMKiller is gonna come to towers shops car show in 2 weeks, May 11 and check it out, I'll also get this Legend onto the forums. HEHE just thought I'd let you know...
$1,000 is the labor for the WHOLE swap...Now just go to a junk yard and find an ECU and the tranny

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
Hey Joe, I def can't wait to check that thing out, if I had a 6spd tranny lying around i'd consider it, lol

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
ok, now I have done my homework on this, and I know two things:

1 - the Type II auto OR 6 speed does not top out at 130...nor does the Type I

2 - Labor may be $1g, but there is alot of work that goes into that....there's more to it than an ECU swap and tranny swap....
reverse lockout
Slave cylinder (clutch)
master cylinder (clutch)
hangin of clutch pedal
I can go on....

Can you share the shop who did it? If this is what they did, may be worth sharing their pitfalls for those of us working on this....

·
Banned
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Like I said he has all the pats b/c he wrecked the other Legend, he is using that one for parts and he might take the block and build it up for a RACE CAR Legend hehe.

It has been done..
Sorry about the whole G-Tech Pro 19 HP thing I want to clear that up...I read it want accurate so we should all drop it and when I get a real dyno I'll show you...

and btw with 4.10 gers in a legend, where 2.90 somthing is in the 6-speed it will make him dip in the 1/4 and top end is reduced.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
no need to be a smart ass

I simply stated facts..you mentioned gears, but you didn't say this in a manner that we can understand...as in
"He swapped out the stock gears in exchange for a final of 4.10"

this is what you said.....
"Think about it though...4.10 final drive in auto's and a 2.9? in the 6-Speed...He must Dip, nice drag final drive on a 6-speed, top speed is probably only 130 but think his 1/4 is probably like a 14.8 he has the RM racing NSX intake the non metal one and a custom dual exuast..."

I personally don't go off of inferences...I like facts. You say his "1/4 is PROBABLY like a 14.8" and "his top speed is PROBABLY 130".

AND you only said he did a swap...NOTHING about changing out GEARS! :rolleyes:

All I am saying is be able to support what you say with FACTS. I am not doubting anything you say, but I WANT PROOF. Why? Well, if I am in the process of doing something, I want as much info as possible.
If he just threw it in there, no problems, then what were the other 4-5 shops problems? Perhaps he can assist other people who are in the process of doing the exact thing...you know I AM NOT JUMPING ON THE BANDWAGON...I have been talking about this for a long time....long b4 you dreamt of driving a Legend...MAYBE this is why I started with the Type II swap, heh?Maybe, the only reason I didn't do it YET is because I needed MORE research heh? Ask Chris Moody, Mike Diaz idf we haven't discussed this ame project for early next year/late this year. I dont do anything like this on a whim...

TJ Miles is the only person that has done this successfully. What is everyone else's problem? THat is what I am asking...so your attack on my intelligence was ignorant, to say the least...I didn't put you down, I stated what I felt was right. Where did he get these gears? Who did the tranny work?

Bottom line.....you make these outrageous posts, then back down...on your CAI thread, I didnt even say a word...I observed, to see what it is that you may have that we can use...I didnt clown you, ridicule you, as most everyone else did. But, until you can show what you mean is fact, you are tarnishing your reputation. I mean 19whp? Take that car to the dyno and PROVE IT! Then you have my props...and no cheating either...yes there are ways to do it......

I wish people would chill the hell out :mad:
Seems like a bad karma on this forum lately...and notice you hardly see me get mad...so think about what I am saying...I am sure many will agree with me.

Sorry so long, but I had to drop some knowledge:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Leon Millette said:

Seems like a bad karma on this forum lately...and notice you hardly see me get mad...

I was told Esti wants you to go to NY to go give him a "man hug"..

·
Banned
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Leon

Leon, I am sure you know your stuff, I have seen what you have put it previous threads. All I am saying is that this kid did it, I have seen it. Soon DMSKiller will too...

I am confused about what you said about the gears swapping...
Corect me if I am wrong but...
the Final Drive or Rear Gears the 2.9? and the 4.10 they are part of the DIFFERENTIAL and the 4.10 are drag gears and 2.9? are top speed gears.

Like in mustang they switch either the 2.72 or 3.27 usually to 3.37 or 4.11 drag gears. If the auto legend differentail already has 4.10 and you put a 6-speed on it it is like having a 6-speed orignally and then changing the gears to 4.10 like a mustang would. The differntial on his new auto is still there, hence the 4.10 but with the tranny and all the other stuff taken out of his 6-speed Legend he has a 6-speed Legend with an Auto matic differential.

I once wanted a 6-speed to...b/c they are cool, you can bragg about 6 speed, manual is funner, and it has this cool suction thing where it goes into gear really easily, it cool. Kinda like the little windows in the back and the coupe auto closing doors. HEHE.

Anyways, I dont research his b/c I wanna SPRAY and thats better on an auto.

I am a little confused about what we both have been arguing about but, let me know if you are confused about any of this new info. I am trying to clear it up... Does it make sense now?

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
ok, cool....

I see we were on different wavelengths.
What I am saying is this kind info would be beneficial to folks that are interested, ya dig? Too many people have attempted this and it go wrong. If he did it, or his shop did it, it would be cool to know what s going on in it...

we are cool...in the future, we need to have info we can use as a reference, and many of us are skeptical until we sse proof...lots of posers out there, you feel me?

Personally, I do not like reading posts if they don't make sense, or if the info is not clear...it is a turn-off to me. How can I successfully relay any tips or info to someone if I don't understand it myself? That's all I am saying...

I commend you and your friend, and I am still interested in what steps were needed....or actually, roadblocks, other than the obvious. Stay cool, and keep trying to get your LEgend how you want it....good luck in future endeavors

Peace

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,753 Posts
Leon Millette said:
no need to be a smart ass

I simply stated facts..you mentioned gears, but you didn't say this in a manner that we can understand...as in
"He swapped out the stock gears in exchange for a final of 4.10"

this is what you said.....
"Think about it though...4.10 final drive in auto's and a 2.9? in the 6-Speed...He must Dip, nice drag final drive on a 6-speed, top speed is probably only 130 but think his 1/4 is probably like a 14.8 he has the RM racing NSX intake the non metal one and a custom dual exuast..."

I personally don't go off of inferences...I like facts. You say his "1/4 is PROBABLY like a 14.8" and "his top speed is PROBABLY 130".

AND you only said he did a swap...NOTHING about changing out GEARS! :rolleyes:

All I am saying is be able to support what you say with FACTS. I am not doubting anything you say, but I WANT PROOF. Why? Well, if I am in the process of doing something, I want as much info as possible.
If he just threw it in there, no problems, then what were the other 4-5 shops problems? Perhaps he can assist other people who are in the process of doing the exact thing...you know I AM NOT JUMPING ON THE BANDWAGON...I have been talking about this for a long time....long b4 you dreamt of driving a Legend...MAYBE this is why I started with the Type II swap, heh?Maybe, the only reason I didn't do it YET is because I needed MORE research heh? Ask Chris Moody, Mike Diaz idf we haven't discussed this ame project for early next year/late this year. I dont do anything like this on a whim...

TJ Miles is the only person that has done this successfully. What is everyone else's problem? THat is what I am asking...so your attack on my intelligence was ignorant, to say the least...I didn't put you down, I stated what I felt was right. Where did he get these gears? Who did the tranny work?

Bottom line.....you make these outrageous posts, then back down...on your CAI thread, I didnt even say a word...I observed, to see what it is that you may have that we can use...I didnt clown you, ridicule you, as most everyone else did. But, until you can show what you mean is fact, you are tarnishing your reputation. I mean 19whp? Take that car to the dyno and PROVE IT! Then you have my props...and no cheating either...yes there are ways to do it......

Seems like a bad karma on this forum lately...and notice you hardly see me get mad...so think about what I am saying...I am sure many will agree with me.

Sorry so long, but I had to drop some knowledge:rolleyes:
wow since i been on da forums i neva seen Leon so pissed:)
haha damn i mean u were goin at him wit a PASSION lol.................
newayz glad everythin is cool now and u guys kissed and madeup:p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.