Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiousity, has anyone's Auto-Tilt/Telescope wheel ever messed up? Did you get it fixed, and for how much?

Mine is NOT messed up, working PERFECTLY, but, when my uncle sat in the Legend's Driver seat, he was like, "oh yeah, this feature is going to break, and it's going to cost you a lot of money when it does."

He's 22 btw. He jinxed it! Just wondering how long these things last.

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Some of us have experienced occassional problems with it. Don't really know what the cause is, but nothing that a quick reset of the fuse won't fix. :) I haven't heard of anyone's tilt/telescoping going out completely and requiring an expensive fix.

·
Registered
580 Posts
It just basically consists of 2 motors

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Future you have a young Uncle!!!
Mine works just fine!! (knock on the wood!!)
I'm praying that it just keeps working fine! ;)

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Two motors, but knowing Acura, and with all that SRS stuff in there, it would probably be an expensive fix.

I just hope it doesn't give me any problems (knock on wood, too!)

I don't feel comfortable calling my Uncle, "Uncle", he's only a couple of years older then me!!! My mom married my dad at 15, my dad was 24 at the time. I'm 18 now. So far they've been together happily for all these years! and they get along great! good role models for me I suppose :) That's why I have young uncles and aunts!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
yes, they sure are good role models for you - specially in this day when marriages hardly last!

Anyways, if someone indeed has had any problem with telescopic steering, please do let us know - just for information sake so that we all can benefit from it!

thanks!

G

·
Jinxed

Yep, you jinxed it! Just today I went to go stick my key in and then pull it out and nothing happend.

It still works if I use the buttons or if I mess it up with the buttons on the wheel while the key is out, then press one of the memory buttons and stick in the key. Confused :confused: ;)

So it seems like the sensor in the key hole is working except for when I pull the key out because the steering wheel doesn't move out of the way. Does anyone know what is wrong? Thanks, kinda pissing me off.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Common problem with 94+ Legends. Like LegendGS said, just reset the system and it will work again. Don't bother taking it to the dealer as they will never figure out the problem. The best my dealer could come up with was faulty sensors, and that is at a cost that you don't want to spend. I don't quite buy the faulty sensors just yet as like you said it works with the memory bottons, so if the sensor was bad, how would it know where to go when you push the memory button but not automaticaly? Anyway, the sensors are not sold separately, so an entire new steeting column is needed an a NEW OEM cost of over $3,000. My theory is that the motor track is dirty and causes the system to fault and shut down, and that is why reseting the system allows it to work again.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Try removing the fuse for it. I have not tried it, but I know sometimes even though you unhook the battery there is still quite a bit of charge remaining so it would take a while before all power is drained.... fuse is probably the best way

G

·
:p hehe, it was just that I had accidentally flipped the automatic tilt switch to off. My bad.... thanks whoever said that. :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts