Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 89 l sedan and whenever i go to put it in park it takes a while for the red box around the P on the dash to come on and unless it turns on i cant get the key out of the ignintion. Sometimes it comes on instantly like theres sno problem with it other time it will take almost five minutes. Ive also noticed that it only comes on when the engine idles down real low like 600 or so and sometimes after the light comes on the engine almost dies but then it revs back up and it will keep doing this till i shift out of park or turn the car off. any help would be appreciated

· Registered
1,292 Posts

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont know if this helps or not but the lights on the center console for each gear dont light up at all and i'm talking about the light on the dash

· Registered
2,973 Posts
From what i've read..the problem with the key not coming out is the shift position switch..... check out 9-40 in the online Acura Manual. The dash light around the D doesn't light up is caused by a faulty one of these...which causes the ignition not wanting to release the key.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.