Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys -

I currently have the Pioneer Avic N2 new in the box that I haven't had a chance to install yet. I recently went to bestbuy and saw the Avic D1 and I like it since its a double din vs the Avic N2 which is single Din.

What are you opinions on the N2 vs the D1. ?

Pros & Cons ??

Thanks

Mark

· Registered
19 Posts
Are u going to be using nav on long trips or DVD's, or both? I bought the eclipse avn2454 off ebay and I love it. Also the single din would not have a place for CD & nav to where mine has both. It also has composite inputs (RCA's) so I can use and external DVD player and have NAV at the same time. Set my destination, put in the dvd and the nav will tell me when I need to turn. Again can't do that with either one of the options you listed.
Now the Eclipse AVN 5495 is awesome, 30 gig HD, 10 gig for NAV. So you have a CD & DVD Rom drive so no need for external DVD player. Can be had for $1999 on ebay, sounds high but eliminate the need for a external DVD player to play DVD's while using NAV, priceless.

So far the drawbacks for the AVN2454 for me are:
no direct connection for XM or Sirus so have to use external (not controlled through the radio)
I have the backup camera and when I put the car in reverse the camera doesn't automattically come on (does in the 5435 & 5495)
The PAC adapter is the universal SWI-X instead of the SWI-ECL that would work with the 5435 & 5495. I still have steering wheel control but off the remote IR the signal sometimes is lost
2 year old NAV disc so some of the roads are there
no ability to search by telephone # (only available in the 5495)
low very low voltage on pre-amp outs (again addressed in the 5435 & 5495 with 6 volt preamp output)

But i got my 2454 for $800 off ebay (I got extremely lucky to get that deal) so all that stuff I mentioned isn't worth $600 - 5435 - $1200 - 5495 to me right now. All that I have said I really like have NAV and I really like this unit. Hope this helps

· Dont Catch
4,530 Posts
wow someone that knows what Fujitsu Ten is all about...!!!

well the newer models that just got released by Eclipse is the

AVN7000.... single DIN navigation unit

and the AVX5000.... single DIN DVD/CD unit

i believe both are TV tuner ready and sirius sat. radio ready

and the AVN7000 even though its a single din unit... it still has navi HD.

the only downside for me is that eclipse doesnt have optical output....
hopefully soon

www.eclipse-web.com

· Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Trulegnd said:
Are u going to be using nav on long trips or DVD's, or both? I bought the eclipse avn2454 off ebay and I love it. Also the single din would not have a place for CD & nav to where mine has both. It also has composite inputs (RCA's) so I can use and external DVD player and have NAV at the same time. Set my destination, put in the dvd and the nav will tell me when I need to turn. Again can't do that with either one of the options you listed.
Now the Eclipse AVN 5495 is awesome, 30 gig HD, 10 gig for NAV. So you have a CD & DVD Rom drive so no need for external DVD player. Can be had for $1999 on ebay, sounds high but eliminate the need for a external DVD player to play DVD's while using NAV, priceless.

So far the drawbacks for the AVN2454 for me are:
no direct connection for XM or Sirus so have to use external (not controlled through the radio)
I have the backup camera and when I put the car in reverse the camera doesn't automattically come on (does in the 5435 & 5495)
The PAC adapter is the universal SWI-X instead of the SWI-ECL that would work with the 5435 & 5495. I still have steering wheel control but off the remote IR the signal sometimes is lost
2 year old NAV disc so some of the roads are there
no ability to search by telephone # (only available in the 5495)
low very low voltage on pre-amp outs (again addressed in the 5435 & 5495 with 6 volt preamp output)

But i got my 2454 for $800 off ebay (I got extremely lucky to get that deal) so all that stuff I mentioned isn't worth $600 - 5435 - $1200 - 5495 to me right now. All that I have said I really like have NAV and I really like this unit. Hope this helps
Hey Trulegnd

Thanks for the reply. One thing I do like about the avic series is the navtraffic feature. I work in another state New Jersey and live in New York and traffic is never pretty. So having the ability of a system to reroute me is key. I would love if I can get a similiar unit that is double din but I know I am asking for a lot.

· Registered
19 Posts
akleg4life said:
Hey Trulegnd

Thanks for the reply. One thing I do like about the avic series is the navtraffic feature. I work in another state New Jersey and live in New York and traffic is never pretty. So having the ability of a system to reroute me is key. I would love if I can get a similiar unit that is double din but I know I am asking for a lot.
Great point about the traffic, I live in a such a small town that It didn't factor into my decision. At first it did until I learned it was only offered in certain cities.

bl420 said:
wow someone that knows what Fujitsu Ten is all about...!!!

well the newer models that just got released by Eclipse is the

AVN7000.... single DIN navigation unit

and the AVX5000.... single DIN DVD/CD unit

i believe both are TV tuner ready and sirius sat. radio ready

and the AVN7000 even though its a single din unit... it still has navi HD.

the only downside for me is that eclipse doesnt have optical output....
hopefully soon

www.eclipse-web.com
:D Let's just say I do my research! I wonder if there is a universal 5.1 processor? Dolby digital in the car is awesome, after hearing it in a car it's truly amazing. And I have the ash tray & cig lighter just starting me in the face begging to be removed and a center channel put in it's place :giggle:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.