Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Creeper
1,472 Posts
no, she knows like 2 chords on guitar she doesnt know what she is doing, her music is corporate motivated. that band was assembled by a record company. she doesnt write her own music. and she totally stole the new school punk look. but im not saying if i was in that situation i wouldnt do it, it is about the money. i do like money. that still does not change the fact that she is a poser

·
Creeper
1,472 Posts
she admitted to rolling stone she has proffesional writers help her.... and i mean im not rippin on the music. if people like the music and its their style. props to them.

·
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
drtom182 said:
she admitted to rolling stone she has proffesional writers help her.... and i mean im not rippin on the music. if people like the music and its their style. props to them.
Well then, I guess she is a poser. But I guess if a person doesn't write songs or even play instrument, as long as it sounds pretty cool.

Like... if you liked Smashing Pumpkins songs, and then you found out all their music was written by a paid writer, and that none of them knew how to play instruments, but just posing as if they did.... would it change the way it sounds to you?

·
Creeper
1,472 Posts
VolkRacing said:
Well then, I guess she is a poser. But I guess if a person doesn't write songs or even play instrument, as long as it sounds pretty cool.

Like... if you liked Smashing Pumpkins songs, and then you found out all their music was written by a paid writer, and that none of them knew how to play instruments, but just posing as if they did.... would it change the way it sounds to you?
nope i still like the pumpkins writer or no writer. plus they werent ripping off a scene really, because they were somewhat grudge but they werent like nirvana grudge ya know? and as danielle said she likes avrils voice... i think billy corgan has a great voice.

·
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
drtom182 said:
nope i still like the pumpkins writer or no writer. plus they werent ripping off a scene really, because they were somewhat grudge but they werent like nirvana grudge ya know? and as danielle said she likes avrils voice... i think billy corgan has a great voice.
I actually like the old school Smashing Pumpkins, until they turned into that Zero phase. That got a little weird.

·
Will I ever reach 1000?!
880 Posts
VolkRacing said:
I actually like the old school Smashing Pumpkins, until they turned into that Zero phase. That got a little weird.
I loved almost all the pumpkins stuff. Did you know that Billy corgan has got a solo album coming out? What did you guys think of Zwan? I went to see them live

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
LoL my gf hates avril, I dunno she gives off a trying to fit in a bit too much vibe too me. Anyways music wise I guess she's okay, I'm not a big fan of that music style though... My music Era ended in the mid 90s :(

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
since EVERY singer out there writes their own music. i hate to tell you, but many bands have a designated songwriter, and a lot of people have the job..of writing songs, and selling them to bands. being a good musician doesnt mean you have to be able to play an instrument, sing, and write your own music (hate to tell you)

she is a talented singer, her music goes along with the tone of the instruments her band plays, there is a reason there is such a thing as a lead singer, and then guitar players in a band...so the most talented person at that part...gets to do their part

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I won't make it a big deal about not writing her own music - I still listen, because she has a great voice (even if she can't play guitar like Steve Vai...), but I do enjoy vocal performances like Fiona Applie and Tori Amos... Avril goes right under them in my book... and she's hot. <-- Alternative motivation!

·
Registered
996 Posts
Yeah, the music is catchy, but it gets onld really fast. However, she is an absolutly awsome singer live, unlike many other bands out there. If she rides out the crappy corporate manufactured BS, she should do fine in the future. Remember where Alanis started (lol!).

Plus I stay in her home town whenever I go fishing or to the track :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.