Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 91 Coupe I have OEM rotors and pads and on my 93 Sedan I have Cross drilled/slotted rotors and forgot what pads I put in.
I've heard many members using the Axxis Metal Masters Brake pads.
How is it on OEM rotors??
How is in on the Brembo Cross drilled/slotted rotors??
Are the Metal Masters the correct one's to get??

How much should I be looking to spend on a set for the front and back??

Thanks~~

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OEM??

How are they on OEM rotors??

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
I had them on Brembo rotors but they weren't cross drilled or slotted. I had them in for about a month and it stopped pretty good. I have no complaints about it but from time to time they will squeak but not too loud and it all depends on how you break.

·
Registered
847 Posts
you can try EBC green stuff on your OEM. They are not as abrasive as the Metal Masters because of their soft nature. However, they do grip hard even on OEM rotors. I believe ChrisK has that combination on one of his Legends.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
claus44 said:
you can try EBC green stuff on your OEM. They are not as abrasive as the Metal Masters because of their soft nature. However, they do grip hard even on OEM rotors. I believe ChrisK has that combination on one of his Legends.
Yes, I use the EBC Green Stuff on my stock rotors on my 95. I like them. They have absolutely no squeek or squeel so far, and very little brake dust. The grip is as good as stock, maybe a bit better under normal light braking, but grip progressively harder the firmer you press the pedel. So far it has never faded on me, but I haven't done any real hard driving with them yet either. In about 1-2 weeks I'll be able to tell you guys how the EBC Green Stuff works with the Brembo drilled/slotted rotors, as I'll be putting a set on my 93 soon.

·
Registered
671 Posts
SHR XTC said:
On my 91 Coupe I have OEM rotors and pads and on my 93 Sedan I have Cross drilled/slotted rotors and forgot what pads I put in.
I've heard many members using the Axxis Metal Masters Brake pads.
How is it on OEM rotors??
How is in on the Brembo Cross drilled/slotted rotors??
Are the Metal Masters the correct one's to get??

How much should I be looking to spend on a set for the front and back??

Thanks~~
I have brembo cross drilled/slotted rotors. At the same time I got the new rotors I got new Axxis Metal Master brake pads. They work great except when it is cold out.... They suck when they are cold - Like when I first start up in the morning and I try to stop at the first stop sign I really have to push down on the brake pedal. It isn't that big of a deal unless someone pulls out in front of you right when you first start driving and you can't stop quickly... Make sense (??).

-James

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Axxis pads on stock (OEM) rotors

I"m running my Axxis pads for 10 months now on my stock OEM rotors without any problems. They grip alot better than stock pads. But as mentioned earlier, when they are cold, they don't grip as well but once they are heated up (after 2 or 3 good braking) they grip amazing! You'll notice them the most also on high speed braking like from speeds in excess of 110mph.

G

1 - 9 of 9 Posts